Monday, June 17, 2019

Manicure Monday: Nee Jolie Quick Dry Nail Polish in NJ033

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive Nee Jolie nail polishes.

Here are the polishes I received. I already reviewed Nee Jolie Quick Dry Nail Polish in NJ028 (bottom fifth from the left). For this post, I will review the polish top fifth from the left.
This is Nee Jolie Quick Dry Nail Polish in NJ033. Since I did a thorough review of Nee Jolie Quick Dry Nail Polish in NJ028, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to one of my favorite brushes OPI, the width is slightly thinner and the length is a lot shorter.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalButter London Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat, 2 coats of Nee Jolie in NJ033, and then topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do quick three strokes and then move onto the next nail. Even though I like the width of the brush, I found it kind of hard to paint around the cuticles. I think it had to do with the consistency. I found this thicker than the first color I used from this brand. Secondly, I like the packaging of the bottle. It's small, simple, and just plain cute. I know some people don't like the small nail polishes but it doesn't bother me. I cannot even finish a full size one. For this reason, having a small polish is fine. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to hold with one hand. You can throw it in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is between medium to thick. I found it slightly thicker than the first nail polish from this brand. Since it's quick drying and the consistency is on the thicker side, I had to work fast. I could see the polish get clumpy while painting. I think that's another reason why I'm not that good painting around the cuticles. Someone who's more experienced and better at painting, will not have an issue. I'm just not good at painting. If it does get clumpy, you can just apply top coat and it will smooth the texture. Fourth, the color is pretty. It's definitely darker than the color from the packaging. It's a gorgeous navy color. It will be great for fall and winter season. Pigmentation-wise it's definitely more pigmented than the first color that I used from this brand. You can see the color on the first coat. Even though I saw the color immediately, I applied two coats. Lastly, I saw slight shrinkage on the third day. After that I didn't see any more shrinkage. There's no chipping whatsoever. I'm glad I got to try this polish. It's nice and I love the variety of colors it comes with. It's a great price for the amount of colors you get!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Nee Jolie Products Reviewed/Swatch:
Quick Dry Nail Polish

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...