Monday, June 10, 2019

Manicure Monday: Nee Jolie Quick Dry Nail Polish in NJ028

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive Nee Jolie nail polishes.

Product Review: Nee Jolie Quick Dry Nail Polish in NJ028

Where to purchase: online at amazon.com
Price: $15.99 for 12 polishes (3.5 mL each)

Description from the website:
* High Quality: The nail polish is made of environmental friendly materials, non toxic, quick dry, long lasting, good tenacity and pure color.
* Classic Nudes: Solid Color series nail polish is low-key and classic all the time, easy to match with different styles of clothes and accessories, and suitable for all occasions.
* Fast Dry: You don't have to wait for a long time after painting your nails with this nail polish. With quick drying properties, you'll get the perfect manicure every time.
* Perfect Gift: With high quality and pleasant color, the nail polish set is a wonderful gift for your female friends, they won't reject such a fashionable present.
* Package Contents: 12 Bottles Nee Jolie 3.5 mL Sold Color Nail Polish
Thoughts: When I received the polishes, I was excited. I took pictures right away so I can paint my nails.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to one of my favorite brushes OPI, the width is slightly thinner and the length is a lot shorter.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalButter London Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat, 2 coats of Nee Jolie in NJ028, and then topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I actually like the width of the brush. It's wide enough to do one to three strokes for each nail. When I grabbed less polish, I had to do three strokes. When I grabbed a lot more, one stroke was good enough. Even though I like curve tips, the straight tip was doable. I didn't have any issue painting around the cuticles. I thought I would be bothered by the short handle but that didn't bother me either. Secondly, I like the packaging. I never disliked any polishes when it came to packaging. This is on the small side. Some people might not like the small size but I actually don't mind. I never could finish a regular, normal size anyways. For this reason, small or big does not make a difference. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Since it's so small, you need to be careful how you pack it. You can lose it. It's also easy to grab with one hand. Third, the consistency is in-between thin to medium. It's not thick that it's hard to work with and have to worry that it'll get clumpy. It's also not thin that it runs every. It's a good consistency with slight liquid. Even though it's slight liquidity, it doesn't run. It spreads enough to be able to do one stroke. Another thing I noticed the coat of the polish is thin. I don't think I have seen a thin coat like this but I could be wrong. With that said, it's easy to use. For a quick dry nail polish, you can take your time. It doesn't dry as soon as you apply. It takes several minutes. It applied nicely and it's smooth. Fourth, the color is pretty. I'm not a pink person but I actually like the color. I have to say it's pinkish purple. You can see both pink and purple. I wouldn't say it's mauve. It's a great color for spring and summer season. Pigmentation-wise I would say it's up there. It's not the most pigmented. I applied two coats and it was good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I noticed shrinkage on the third day. It was slight and still is after fifth day. I did not see any chipping whatsoever on the tips. I'm glad I got to try this product. I like the consistency, the variety of colors, the small bottle, and long lasting.

Pros:
* Brush has wide width.
* Easy to paint around the cuticles.
* Small, well-made, and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* In-between thin to medium consistency.
* Spreads nicely on the nails.
* Thin coat.
* Easy to use.
* Quick dry nail polish.
* Goes not nicely and smooth.
* Pretty color.
* Great for spring and summer.
* Pigmented.
* Slight shrinkage.
* No chipping whatsoever.
* Lasted for three days before I noticed slight shrinkage.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...