Monday, December 17, 2018

Manicure Monday: Born Pretty Four Boxes Chrome Powder

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. My life has been a little hectic. I'm trying to get back into blogging. With that said, I am fortunate to work with Born Pretty through their Amazon.

Product Review: Born Pretty Four Boxes Chrome Powder

Where to purchase: online at amazon.com
Price: $13.99

Description from the website: We are Born Pretty. The original inspiration of the name born pretty comes from proverb. Each woman is Born Pretty. Combining the aim of providing beauty items to the female, we incorporated it into the name Born Pretty.

Be Aware:
The product is shipped from China, usually takes 1-3 weeks to arrive.
There might be risk of losing package in transit, once it happens please contact us FIRST and we will solve the problem for you as soon as we receive your contact.

Specification:
1. 1 Box Mirror Nail Powder Capacity: Approx 1 g
2. 1 Box Holographic Laser Powder Capacity: Approx 0.4-0.5 g
3. 1 Box Mermaid Mirror Nail Powder Capacity: Approx 0.15-0.2 g
4. 1 Box Diamond Pearl Mermaid Powder Capacity: Approx 1.5 g

How to use:
1. Prepare your nails with base color and top coat.
2. Use eyeshadow stick to pick the powder and apply it onto your nails.
3. Repeat the step until you're satisfied with the effect.
4. Seal it with top coat.
Thoughts: For the longest time I've been curious about chrome powders. The thing that stops me from purchasing is that most chrome powders are used under UV light. Since I have weak nails, I try not to use UV light. Plus I don't own one. So when I was approached and heard you can actually use this particular product without UV light, I said yes.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
In each bag, you get a powder and eyeshadow applicator.
Here's a closer look at all the products I got.
Here's a closer look at the eyeshadow applicators. One side is white and the other is salmon color.
Here's a closer look at one of the chrome powder.
Here's a closer look at another chrome powder.
Here's a closer look at the third chrome powder.
Here's a closer look at the last chrome powder.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalButter London Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat, 2 coats of Love & Beauty By Forever 21 (no name), and Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat on all my nails. Then I applied Born Pretty Four Boxes Chrome Powder on my ring finger and Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat to seal the chrome powder.
Here's another look of the chrome powder at a different angle.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent. I just sniffed the products and there are no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I was impressed with the packaging. When I usually get packages from the company directly not through their Amazon store, it's wrapped and secured. It's just not pretty. It's wrapped multiple times with bubble or some kind of wrap. I have to cut through with scissor to get to the products. I'm not too sure if they do that with customers but as a blogger, they just wrap it. Since I ordered through Amazon, they might have thought I was a customer. Well, I am in some ways. I was impressed each powder was individually packaged in a small bag. It was easier to get to the products, as well as, prettier. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. Each powder comes in a plastic container. It's one those containers a lot of sample powders come in. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. The first time you open the small plastic container, it comes sealed. I actually left mine there even after usage. It makes it more sturdy so the powder doesn't go all over the place. Then I throw the small container inside the small bag. I just want to be sure the powder doesn't go all over the place in my room, as well as, when I take it traveling. It also comes with an eyeshadow applicator. I put the applicator back in the small bag after each usage. Third, the consistency is powdery. The powders range from really tiny particles to slightly thicker. With that said, it's easy to use. If you are going to use this powder under the UV light, I cannot say much. I used it without the UV light. It's really easy to use. I painted my nails like I normally do; base coat, two coats of nail polish, and then topped it off with top coat. After some time, I grabbed the eyeshadow applicator and dipped it into the powder. I patted it around the nails. You can massage using the eyeshadow applicator but it felt kind of strange on my nails. Once there's enough powder on the nails, I massage it with my finger. It worked quickly and I saw the change within seconds. I kept massaging until I liked the result. Once it was to my liking, I topped it with a top coat. That was it! Fourth, it's great all year round. You can get versatile with four different chrome powders. I'm sure the results are different with each polishes but I cannot see that. It's applied on top of the top coat. The only thing I could see is how you match with the other polishes on your fingers. That can change the final results of the chrome powder. Lastly, it lasted for six days before chipping at the tips. It lasts until the polishes last. For this reason, I recommend using a good nail polish. Even with six days, the color of the chrome powder did not fade. It looked like the day I applied it. I was pretty impressed! I'm glad I got to use this product. It's easy to use and you get great results!

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Pretty, individual packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Each powder is sealed.
* Comes with eyeshadow applicators.
* Powdery consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Works quickly.
* Saw changes within seconds.
* Great all year round.
* No fading.
* Lasted for six days before chipping at the tips.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polishes
Stamping Plates/Tools
Water Decals
Black Butterfly
Black Feather
Black Flower Lacy
Black Rose
Blue Wings Butterfly
Cartoon Owl
Chinese Ink Painting
Dessert
Feather
Line Flower
Triangle Diamond Shape
UR SUGAR Water Decal in #101-104
White Floral Pattern
Zipper in Silver


Born Pretty Store was kind enough to give me a code, "ALL91", for my readers. You get 10% off any purchases. I am not affiliated with the website. I will not get paid if you use the code. I do promise yo though if more than 10 readers use the code, they will sponsor a giveaway or contest on my blog. I do not benefit from the giveaway/contest. It's all for my readers!



Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...