Monday, December 29, 2014

Manicure Monday: Born Pretty Heart 3D Nail Studs

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Born Pretty Store. I have worked with them in the past and they are always coming out with new things for a great price. I highly recommend checking out their website!

This is the most recent haul. I already reviewed their 3D Nail Art Sticker Golden Stripe, the big sticker collection. For this post, I will review their 3D Heart Nail Studs.
Product Review: Born Pretty 30 Pcs/set Heart Studs Charming 3D Nail Art Decoration

Where to purchase: online at bornprettystore.com
Price: $2.46

Description from the website:
Specification:
Material: Alloy
Quantity: 30 Pcs/set
Pattern: 9 patterns available
Color: as the picture shows

Package Contents:
30 Pcs/set

Feature:
100% brand new and high quality
Nail decoration
Easy to apply on natural or artificial nails
Clean the surface of your nails, brush the base polish, and place it onto nails
Seal with a clear topcoat
You can also use them to decorate your home, cell phone's case, glasses, made card, body art, etc.
Thoughts: To be honest the first time I saw this on the website, I was more intrigued than anything. For that reason, I decided to try it out.
Here's a closer picture of the heart. I love the little details. It's so artsy or at least to me.
You do have to bend the heart before applying it onto your nails or else it'll stick out. I actually bend it with my finger. It's pretty bendable.

I actually did two different nail of the week using these heart nail studs.
First nail of the week:
I applied Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, 2 coats of Sinful Colors in Verbena on all my fingers except ring finger, 2 coats of Milani in Black Magic on my ringer finger, topped the ring finger with the heart nail stud, and then topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.

I apologize for the bad quality picture. It rained for couple of days which made it hard to take a good picture outside. For that reason, I decided to do another nail look.

Second nail of the week:
I applied Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, 2 coats of Formula X For Sephora in Atom + Eve on all my fingers except ring finger, 2 coats of Sally Hansen in Butter-Fly Stroke in the center of my ring finger, 2 coats of Essie in Jelly Apple on one side of the ring finger, 2 coats of American Apparel in American Denim on the other side of my ringer finger, then I applied strips of tape on my ring finger, topped my ring finger with 1 coat of Milani in Black Magic, then added the heart nail stud on the ring finger, and topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the studs were bigger than I expected. The sad thing is I should have known. It's shown on the website! The foolish me thought my finger are wider than the fake nails on the website. Don't ask me what I was thinking! :X Since it's so big and wide, I kind of found it hard to put on other areas of my nails except the center. It just looked off or at least for me. Secondly, I actually found this really easy to use. After you paint your nails, you just apply the stud and push a bit. It's steal by the latest nail polish. Lastly, the studs do not last that long on me. I noticed the edges come off on the second day but that's about it. You have to remove the remaining heart when you remove the polish.

Pros:
* Comes in a variety of shapes.
* Made out of great quality, sturdy material.
* Specific with details.
* Easily bendable.
* Easy to use.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Only comes in one color.
* The edges came off in 2 days.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:


Born Pretty Store was kind enough to give me a code, "ALL91", for my readers. You get 10% off any purchases. I am not affiliated with this website. I will not get paid if you use the code. I do promise you though if more than 10 readers use this code, they will sponsor a giveaway or contest on my blog. I do not benefit from the giveaway/contest. It's all for my readers!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...