Monday, May 18, 2015

Manicure Monday: Born Pretty White Floral Pattern Water Decal

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Here's my most recent haul from Born Pretty Store.
I already reviewed the nail polish, Cute Doll in Emily #07 (top right) and Silver Lace Pattern Sticker (bottom left). For this post, I will review one of the water decal (bottom middle).
Since I did a thorough review of Born Pretty Blue Wings Butterfly Water Decal, I will base this on that. This is Born Pretty Fairy White Plaid Floral Pattern Nail Art Water Decal. It retails for $1.43 and here's the description...

"Specification:
Quantity: 1 Sheet
Pattern: as shown in the picture
100% brand new

Package Contents:
1 Sheet Nail Water Decals Sticker

Nails Application:
1. Trim, clean and polish the fingernails; paint the background color on the fingernails and dry it out.
2. Remove the film of product, cut out the pattern and plunge it into water 10-20 seconds.
3. Moisten the fingernails, stick the pattern in position.
4. Sop up the water with a paper towel and blow dry.
5. Cap with clear nail polish and blow dry."
Here's a closer look at the water decal. I know it's hard to see but it's noticeable on the nails.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, 3 coats of OPI Sheer Tints in Don't Violet Me Down. With the ring finger I applied 2 coats of OPI Sheer Tints in Don't Violet Me Down then applied one Born Pretty White Floral Pattern Water Decal. Then I applied another layer of OPI Sheer Tints in Don't Violet Me Down which makes 3. Then I topped middle and ring finger with Born Pretty White Floral Pattern Water Decal. Since I used Sheer Tints from OPI, I didn't top it with top coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I apologize for the bad polishing (OPI Sheer Tints). I was testing this jelly polish. I definitely would do it different next time around. Does anyone know if top coat helps jelly polishes dry faster? I've been told by other people it takes longer but I never tried it. Secondly, this water decal is gorgeous! I love that it comes in different sizes and patterns. It's great for the different dimensions of people's nails, as well as, length. Third, I find it easy to use. I just dip it in water and push it off the background. Then I grab it with a Tweezer then apply it onto the nails. For this nail art, I did not use a top coat and it stayed. Lastly, it lasts until the polishes chip.

Would repurchase: Yes!


Born Pretty Store was kind enough to give me a code, "ALL91", for my readers. You get 10% off any purchases. I am not affiliated with this website. I will not get paid if you use the code. I do promise you though if more than 10 readers use this code, they will sponsor a giveaway or contest on my blog. I do not benefit from the giveaway/contest. It's all for my readers!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

1 comment:

Jessica W said...

I love how you layered this, it's very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...