Monday, April 30, 2018

Manicure Monday: Born Pretty Tint Top Coat in #DH04 Ultra Volet

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Born Pretty.

Here's my haul. I already reviewed Born Pretty Mirror Polish in #BPMM06 Perhaps Purple (top left). For this post, I will review the polish on the top right.
Product Review: Born Pretty Tint Top Coat in #DH04 Ultra Volet

Where to purchase: online at bornprettystore.com
Price: $2.99 for 6 mL

Description from the website:
Specification:
Quantity: 1 Bottle
Brand: Born Pretty
Capacity: Approx. 6 mL
Color: As the picture shows

Package Contents:
1 Bottle Born Pretty Color Palette Tint Top Coat

Feature:
Wonderful Color Palette Top Coat, the texture is similar to ordinary Top coat.
It needs to apply separately at least 3 layers to show its color.
It is recommended to be used with sequins or color nail polish.
Can be also applied to do gradient effect and stamping nail art.
Suitable for professional use or home use.
Thoughts: When I saw this online, I thought of it more as a polish than a top coat. It's a clear, jelly-like polish. It's gorgeous from what I can tell online!
Here's a closer look at the color. It's darker in the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the width is slightly thinner. I would say it's in-between thin to medium. The length is on the short side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original and Butter London Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat on all my nails. Then I applied 2 coats of Pixi in Wakeup Wisteria on my ring fingers and top those fingers with 1 coat of Born Pretty Tint Top Coat in #DH04 Ultra Volet. On the rest of the fingers, I finished it with 3 coats of Born Pretty Tint Top Coat in #DH04 Ultra Volet.
Here's the same look at a different angle.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it's not my type of brush but it was doable. Since it's a top coat, I just grab a lot every time I re-dip into the bottle. I don't have to be perfect with applying. For this reason, it was easy to use. Secondly, the packaging is cute. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Since it's so small, it's easy to grab with one hand. Also, it's easy to put in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is medium. It feels more like a jelly polish than a normal top coat. It's easy to work with. It's not thin it runs everywhere. It's also not thick that it's hard to work with. It's a good consistency. You can use this particular polish as a polish and top coat or as a top coat only. I did both. I applied three coats on all my fingers except the ring as a polish and top coat. Then I used as a top coat on my ring finger to see the difference. To be honest when I use it as a top coat, I was hoping the color of the polish would change but it doesn't. I, personally, like it as a polish and top coat but it is up to the individual. When I think of a top coat, it needs to make the polish shiny and dry instantly. Unfortunately, this top coat polish does not dry that fast. It takes a long time when I apply it on top of another polish. You probably can tell from the picture above my ring finger has dents. It's because it did not dry fast enough. When I used it as a polish and top coat, it dried quicker. I'm not too sure why but there were no dents whatsoever. With that said, it goes on smoothly and there were no bubbles and streaking. Fourth, the color is pretty when used as a polish and top coat. I even got compliments. It's a great spring and summer color. Pigmentation-wise it's definitely not up there but most jelly polishes aren't. It took three layers to get that result that is shown above. I saw a huge difference from each layers. If you want to see huge results, you need minimum three layers. Lastly, I noticed shrinkage on the fourth day. Since it's jelly-like, it's hard to see if there were chipping even if you look closely. I'm sure there were but I didn't notice. When you apply it as a top coat on top of the polish, it shrinks and chip when the polish chips. The polish with Born Pretty top coat did not shrink and chip whatsoever. I'm glad I got to try this polish. It's fun and something I can see myself wear often!

Pros:
* Thin brush but it was easy to use.
* Don't need to be perfect with applying.
* Easy to use.
* Cute packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to grab with one hand.
* Medium consistency.
* Feels like a jelly polish.
* Can use either as a polish and top coat or top coat by itself.
* Goes on smoothly.
* No bubbles and streaking.
* Gorgeous color!
* Great for spring and summer season.
* Fun!
* Shrinkage on the fourth day.
* No noticeable chipping.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Does not change the color of the polish.
* Does not dry fast.
* Not pigmented.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polishes
Stamping Plates/Tools
Water Decals
Black Butterfly
Black Feather
Black Flower Lacy
Black Rose
Blue Wings Butterfly
Cartoon Owl
Chinese Ink Painting
Feather
Line Flower
Triangle Diamond Shape
UR SUGAR Water Decal in #101-104
White Floral Pattern
Zipper in Silver


Born Pretty Store was kind enough to give me a code, "ALL91", for my readers. You get 10% off any purchases. I am not affiliated with the website. I will not get paid if you use the code. I do promise yo though if more than 10 readers use the code, they will sponsor a giveaway or contest on my blog. I do not benefit from the giveaway/contest. It's all for my readers!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...