Nail Brush for Fun Flocking Powder Manicure Nail Art. I did not realize until now that you can actually just buy the brush by itself. My initial reaction was that this brush reminded me of brushes that come with drugstore blushes. The drugstore blushes that comes to mind are Milani and Physicians Formula. They have similar kind of brushes. After my initial reaction, I realized the brush isn't sturdy and some hairs are sticking out. Even though the hairs are sticking out, it doesn't shed. Overall, this brush is good for brushing the flocking powder. I definitely recommend this for anything related to nail art!
Now for my review...
Flocking Powder Manicure Nail Art Nail Polish in Hot Pink
Where to purchase: bornprettystore.com
Price: $5.80 for about 13 g
Description from the website:
How to use:
1. Lay down old newspapers or plastic to protect the work area.
2. Apply base coat on your nails, wait to dry.
3. Apply nail polish (the same color as the Velvet Powder), wait to dry.
4. Apply nail polish again, then immediately put the Velvet Powder on your nail, then allow to dry (use the Tweezer to mix the Velvet Powder before using).
5. Use the black brush to sweep away any excess Velvet, which can be capture in the accompanying tray. Don't discard it - pour it back into the bottle.
6. Because of the 3D texture, there's no need for a top coat.
Thoughts: I was extremely excited about this product! Last year, the biggest thing was caviar nails. I know this year the biggest thing or at least the beginning of this year will be velvet nails. For that reason, I wanted to try this product out.
I love that Born Pretty Store made a video on this product. It looks really easy and something a beginner can do. Let me tell you it is pretty easy! It's also not that messy as I thought it would be. You will definitely need a newspaper or a recyclable paper. Other than that, it doesn't spread beyond.
Overall opinion... if you want a fun look that's in at the moment, this is it. It's easy to use, not that messy, and the best part you do not need a top coat. After I painted my nails, I just kept looking at the Velvet Powder. I just loved it! As time went on, days, the Velvet Powder would disappear and I could see my naked nails. By the way, I used all OPI nail polishes on my nails. It's not a long lasting product. I guess the pro is that it's fun and hip, but it doesn't last long.
* Fun, hip look!
* Comes in a variety of colors.
* Easy to use.
* Can use any brush and Tweezer.
* Amount of product will last you a long time.
* Does not include the brush and Tweezer.
* Does not last long.
Would repurchase: Maybe in other colors.
Rating: 4/5 Tobey's Paws
Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me, as well as, picture taken from their website. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.