I am fortunate to work with Born Pretty Store. They are most known for their nail art products.
I receive Flocking Powder Manicure Nail Art Nail Polish.They have many colors you can choose from including red, black, green, and so on. I decided to get hot pink. Not only that, they were kind enough to send me a brush.
Born Pretty Nail Brush for Fun Flocking Powder Manicure Nail Art. I did not realize until now that you can actually just buy the brush by itself. My initial reaction was that this brush reminded me of brushes that come with drugstore blushes. The drugstore blushes that comes to mind are Milani and Physicians Formula. They have similar kind of brushes. After my initial reaction, I realized the brush isn't sturdy and some hairs are sticking out. Even though the hairs are sticking out, it doesn't shed. Overall, this brush is good for brushing the flocking powder. I definitely recommend this for anything related to nail art!
Born Pretty Flocking Powder Manicure Nail Art Nail Polish in Hot Pink
Where to purchase: online at bornprettystore.com
Price: $5.80 for about 13 g
Description from the website:
How to use:
1. Lay down old newspapers or plastic to protect the work area.
2. Apply base coat on your nails, wait to dry.
3. Apply nail polish (the same color as the Velvet Powder), wait to dry.
4. Apply nail polish again, then immediately put the Velvet Powder on your nail, then allow to dry (use the Tweezer to mix the Velvet Powder before using).
5. Use the black brush to sweep away any excess Velvet, which can be capture in the accompanying tray. Don't discard it - pour it back into the bottle.
6. Because of the 3D texture, there's no need for a top coat.
Thoughts: I was extremely excited about this product! Last year, the biggest thing was caviar nails. I know this year the biggest thing or at least the beginning of this year will be velvet nails. For that reason, I wanted to try this product out.
Overall opinion... if you want a fun look that's in at the moment, this is it. It's easy to use, not that messy, and the best part you do not need a top coat. After I painted my nails, I just kept looking at the Velvet Powder. I just loved it! As time went on, days, the Velvet Powder would disappear and I could see my naked nails. By the way, I used all OPI nail polishes on my nails. It's not a long lasting product. I guess the pro is that it's fun and hip, but it doesn't last long.
* Fun, hip look!
* Comes in a variety of colors.
* Easy to use.
* Can use any brush and Tweezer.
* Amount of product will last you a long time.
* Does not include the brush and Tweezer.
* Does not last long.
Would repurchase: Maybe in other colors.
Rating: 4/5 Tobey's Paws
Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:
Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.