Wednesday, March 17, 2021

derma e Gua Sha Tool

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive a package from derma e in February 2021.
Here's what I got. For this post, I will review the tool in the bottom middle.
Product Review: derma e Gua Sha Tool

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: $10.95

Description from the website:
Love your skin with our Rose Quartz Gua Sha facial tool

Crafted from the heart-healing gemstone, Rose Quartz, our Gua Sha facial tool is not only beautiful, it's effective. This gentle facial tool eases facial tension while reducing the appearance of puffiness, fine lines, and wrinkles while helping to promote lymphatic drainage to increase toxic elimination. Use with your Favorite DERMA E serum or moisturizer for extra absorption. It comes with a 100% cotton travel pouch.

Benefit: It is great for lifting and sculpting the face is also can release tightness in a certain parts of the face.
Thoughts: When I received this product, I was extremely excited. I became a huge Gua Sha person. I prefer this tool over the rollers.
Here's a closer look at the tool.
Here's a closer look at the thinness.
Here's a closer look at the pattern of the Rose Quartz.
Here's a closer look at the bag.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using the tool. I know most tools do not smell but there are times it does. I just sniffed the product just to make sure and no scent whatsoever. Secondly, it's such a pretty tool. I love Rose Quartz. The pinkness brings the femininity of the tool. The patterns are never the same. No two tools will have the same pattern. The one I have and the one on the website do not look alike. Even though they do not have the same pattern, the shape should be the same. It's finely shaped where there aren't any sharp edges. It's smooth to the touch. You will not get any cuts or pieces suck on the skin. It also comes with a small bag. I, personally, found it uncomfortable. It was hard putting into the small bag, as well as, taking it out. For this reason, I do not use the bag. If you do take this traveling, I highly recommend using a sturdier bag/case. Since it's made out of glass, it will break easily. I've had three Gua Sha tools before this one. I already broke two just in my room. I didn't even take it with me anywhere. For this reason, you really need to take care of it if you take it traveling. It's also easy to hold with one hand. They made it thin and it fits perfect with any hand size. Third, it's easy to use. I wash it under cold water before using it for couple of reasons. I clean the tool to make sure it's sanitary before putting it on the face. Not only that, I want the tool to be cool to a touch. It helps reduce the puffiness on the face. It's similar to the concept you wash your face in ice water to reduce the puffiness. If it's too cold, you can wash it under warm water. The tool will not be cold at all but I feel like it's taking away the concept of the tool. That's just me. Before I use Gua Sha, I do my normal skin care routine and end with facial oil. The oil helps glide the Gua Sha. You don't want to drag the skin. It will be more harmful than helpful. You need the tool to glide to circulate the skin and muscles. When you glide the tool, it should be at a 45 degree angle not perpendicular/90 degrees from the skin. There are two curves. I found the big curve to big for my face shape. I feel like the corners of the curve touches my skin but not in the middle. The smaller curve was easy around the jawline. Other than that, it did not fit my face shape at all. If it fits you, I say keep using it. Just remember you are gliding away from the center of the face. From nose out to cheekbones, nose out to forehead, and so on. I do ten glides per each area and move onto the next. I do face, neck, and chest. I noticed those are the most sensitive skin on me. In the beginning, my skin did turn red and lasted for several minutes. Now it doesn't turn red at all. Also when I used the tool on my forehead, I felt bumps in the beginning. Now it's so smooth when I glide the Gua Sha. It's refreshing and I saw improvements with usage. I noticed less fine and thick lines, as well as, the fat around my chin became less. Lastly, my skin looks good the next morning. It isn't one of those overnight miracle. You need to be consistent and use it in daily basis. I'm glad I got this product. I love Gua Sha tools but this didn't fit my face shape. I'm using the one I purchased before this. It's my go to tool. I prefer these over rollers. I think rollers are better for younger skin in their 20's. If you have a more mature skin, these are better in my opinion.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Rose Quartz; pretty pink, feminine tool.
* Uniqueness; no tools have the same pattern.
* Finely shaped with no sharp edges.
* Comes with a small bag.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Thin and fit perfectly with any hand size.
* Easy to use.
* Easy to clean; use water and soap.
* Reduce puffiness.
* Glides on the skin.
* Circulate the skin and muscles.
* Smaller curve is good around the jawline.
* Great for face, neck, and chest.
* Refreshing.
* Noticed less fine and thick lines.
* Fat became less on the chin area.
* Skin looks good the next morning.
* Great for mature skin.

Cons:
* Found the small bag uncomfortable.
* Bigger curve was too big for my face shape.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
CREATE
UPLIFT
Skin De-Stress Calming CBD
Cleanser
Moisturizer
Serum
Tinted Moisturizing BB Cream SPF 30+ in Fair and Light
Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream
Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...