Wednesday, September 9, 2020

derma e Skin De-Stress Calming CBD Cleanser

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive CBD products from derma e.
Here are the products. I already reviewed derma e Skin De-Stress Calming CBD Serum (right) and derma e Skin De-Stress Calming CBD Moisturizer (middle front). For this post, I will review the cleanser on the left

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: $14.95 for 6 fl oz/ 175 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: This fragrance and sulfate-free, broad spectrum CBD calming cleanser gently lifts away impurities. Hemp Seed Oil moisturizes sensitive skin while our Calming Complex of Pyenogenol and Aloe Vera with Vitamins A, C and E nourish and condition the skin. Ultra-calming Phytocannabinoids help relieve skin from daily stressors, reducing the appearance of redness to leave the skin feeling healthy and stress-fine.
Ingredients:
Purified Water, Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Decyl Glucoside, Stearyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cannabidiol, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Cannabis Sativa Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Pinus Pinaster Bark Extract, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate (Vegetable Derived), Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 
Thoughts: I was not too sure what to think about this product. All I knew is that it was going to be next cleanser I use after I finish the previous one.
Here's a closer look at the pump.
Here's a swatch of the product on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and the color of the label matches the concept CBD. I also like that the label doesn't go all the way around the bottle. There's a little area you can see through the bottle. I like that you can see the product go down. It might only be me. I feel productive when I see products go down. I just own so much beauty and skin care products. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The pump is also sturdy. You have full control of the quantity you pump. You can also twist the pump to the left and lock it. It will not budge whatsoever. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to massage into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I just pump twice onto the palm of one hand and apply it onto wet skin. Then I use both hands to massage and circulate on my skin. It could just be me, but I like my cleansers to lather and create a soapy texture. This did not lather whatsoever. It just felt like a cream applied onto wet skin. Even though it didn't lather, it was easy on the skin. It did not strip any moisture off the skin. For this reason, there is no tightness. It will be great for all skin types including dry and oily skin. It does its job of cleaning. My skin felt clean but that's with all cleansers. I have never experienced my skin feeling dirty after washing. The main concept of this product is calming stressed out skin. Since I don't have redness on my skin, I cannot say if it works or not. The reviews on the website most people loved this product because it calmed their redness. If you have redness, I highly recommend trying. Lastly, my skin felt great the next morning. It did not dry out my skin. I'm glad I got to try this product. I feel like it will benefit other people more so than me. For me, it was an alright product.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Simple packaging and label matches the concept of CBD.
* See through; can see product go down.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy pump; full control of the quantity you pump and can lock it.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Easy on the skin.
* Does not strip moisture.
* No tightness.
* Great for all skin types.
* Cleans.
* Calm stressed out skin per reviews.
* Calm redness per reviews.

Cons:
* Does not lather and create soapy texture.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
CREATE
UPLIFT
Skin De-Stress Calming CBD
Moisturizer
Serum
Tinted Moisturizing BB Cream SPF 30+ in Fair and Light
Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream
Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...