Monday, November 16, 2020

Manicure Monday: Butter London in Queen Vic

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion. 

For this post, it is a repeat of Butter London in Queen Vic that I reviewed in October 2016.
Here's a closer look at the packaging. I could not find it on the Butter London website. It's either sold out or discontinued. I'm guessing it's discontinued.
Here's a closer look at the color. The color is a bit darker on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is a lot thinner and the length is the same. I would say the width is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Butter London in Queen Vic, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it comes with a brush I wouldn't reach for. I like my wide width brush to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Since the brush is on the thin side, I didn't clean one side of the brush inside the bottle before using it. I just used what the brush picked up. It made it easier to spread on the nails instead of re-dipping. I also did have some difficulties painting around the cuticles. I'm too lazy to grab another brush and clean while painting. I go with what I can with the brush that comes with the polish. If you are more experienced than I am, it will look better on you than me. Secondly, I like the packaging. I have never disliked any packaging when it comes to nail polishes. I feel like they all work at least for me. The only thing I did dislike is knowing it comes with two tops. I know you can use both to paint your nails but I feel like it should be one. It's just a waste of space. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while painting. It's a good consistency. You can take your time with painting and not worry that it'll get clumpy while using. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are not streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is dark plum. It's a great fall and winter color. With that said, the color isn't unique. You can find it in other brands. I, personally, feel this color is more muted for some reason. I like the other dark plums from other brands better. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw shrinkage on the third day. Then it started chipping at the tips. It was very minimal. I only noticed because of review purpose. On the fifth day, I noticed bigger chips on the tips. I'm glad I got to try this but I wouldn't repurchase. The color was muted for my taste and I felt it chipped quicker than I prefer.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Butter London products reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...