Monday, August 3, 2020

Manicure Monday: Julep in Renee

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of Julep in Renee that I reviewed in March 2013.

Here's a closer look at the packaging. It seems like Julep doesn't carry Renee anymore.
Here's a closer look at the color. It is brighter on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the brush is thinner but the length is the same. I would say the brush is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Julep in Renee, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. It's not my type of brush but for the consistency, it makes sense. I just did not wipe the brush inside before using. It help spread the polish on each nails. I did find it kind of hard to paint around the cuticles and sides. If you are more experience, it should be easier for you. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's small, simple, and clean looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and I would say it's in-between medium to thick. It's not thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not thin that it runs. It's a good consistency. You do have to work fast. It gets thicker as you keep using it. That happens a lot with pastel colors or from my experience. With that said, it's easy to use. I goes on smoothly. Just make sure you don't go over the colors you painted or else it'll look tacky. There were no bubbles and streaking. Fourth, the color is really pretty and great for spring/summer season. I think it would look better on darker skin tones. For me, it just blended with my skin tone. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's not the most pigmented but it is close. Two coats were good enough for my skin. Lastly, I saw chipping on the tips on the fourth day. As time went on it started chipping more. I did not see shrinkage whatsoever though. I'm glad I got to try this. I did not realize how much I like pastel purple. This particular pastel doesn't match my skin but I'm in a hunt for one.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Julep products reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...