Friday, July 31, 2020

Dickinson's Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive Dickinson's Witch Hazel from Influenster. I believe I got it in August 2019.
Here are the products I received. For this post, I will review the product on the left.

Where to purchase: Target, Walmart, and drugstore
Price: $6.57 for 16 fl oz/ 473 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: This deep cleansing astringent invigorates skin as it eliminates hard to remove dirt & excess oil. Our exclusive natural witch hazel plant extracts are distilled for purity and enhanced with Menthol & Eucalyptus to dissolve buildup with a cool feel even on sensitive skin.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts:  When I first received this product, I thought why would they give this to me. I have dry skin. Instead of wasting the product, I decided to try it out.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a noticeable scent while using. It smells like witch hazel, as well as, alcohol like but it's not alcohol. I just sniffed the product and it smells like how it's used. Secondly, the packaging is nice. I'm attracted to the blue in the inside of the packaging. It makes the astringent look blue, but it's actually clear. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, it makes a clicking noise when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. I would be careful though just for the safety reason. You do not want it to leak in your bag. Third, the consistency is liquidity and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's gel-like. It's also not to thin that it absorbs into the cotton pad and you cannot feel it on the skin. It's a decent consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, I apply the astringent on the cotton pad and wipe all over the face and neck. It's refreshing and cooling. Cooling, in the sense, of it being cold not the tingling sensation. Once it's absorbed into the skin, I do my skin care next. Depending on the day, I can see more dirt on the cotton pad than others. If I wear makeup, I see the leftover residue. Days I don't wear makeup, I don't see much on the cotton pad. For this reason, I know it cleans the skin and removes the dirt and makeup. I think this astringent will be better on individuals with oily skin and people with acne. Unfortunately, I am neither. I'm more on the normal to dry side. They recommend doing it twice a day mornings and nights. Since I have dry skin, I only do it at nights before I head to bed. For this reason, this astringent will last me a long time. A little goes a long way with this product. I barely used one fourth of the product and I have been using it for several months. Lastly, I'm glad I got to try this product. It's a decent astringent. I definitely recommend for oily and acne skins. For someone like me who has dry skin, I say skip.

Pros:
* Smells like witch hazel.
* Attractive blue packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Liquidity and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Refreshing and cooling.
* Easily gets absorbed.
* Cleans the skin.
* Removes dirt and leftover makeup.
* Great for oily skin and people with acne.
* Little goes a long way.

Cons:
* Pass if you have normal to dry skin.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...