Monday, July 20, 2020

Manicure Monday: Formula X in TGIF

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of Formula X in TGIF that I reviewed in September 2016.

Here's a closer look at the packaging. It seems like Formula X isn't sold on Sephora anymore, as well as, I cannot find a website.
Here's a closer look at the color. It is slightly brighter on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, it's thinner and slightly shorter. I would say the width is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Formula X in TGIF, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it's not the type of brush I would reach for but it wasn't bad. I just didn't clean the brush in the inside of the bottle before using. It was good enough for one nail and then I dip for the next. It also was easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and clean. The only thing I don't like is the extra top. I feel like it's a waste of space but that's me. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between medium to thick. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not thin that it runs while painting. It's a good consistency but it does get thicker with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is neon peachy pink. It's a great summer color. I recommend for spring and summer, but mostly for summer. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's pretty pigmented. I applied two coats to smooth out the polish on my hands. Lastly, I saw chipping on the second day but it was only one finger. Usually, it only chips on the sides of the tips. This time it was in the middle of the tip. I don't know if I did something to make it chip or it was natural. Other than that, I saw shrinkage on the fifth day and another finger with a chip on the sides of the tip. That is pretty decent for a neon nail polish. I'm glad I got this product. It's a pretty color and I got a lot of compliments.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Formula X reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...