Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Nature Republic Real Nature Hydrogel Mask in Kakadu Plum

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Around September 2018, I purchased a sunscreen from Nature Republic. They were kind enough to give me two full size products for purchasing.
Here are the products I got/received. I already reviewed Nature Republic California Aloe Daily Sun Block SPF 50+ (right). For this post, I will review the mask in the middle.

Where to purchase: Nature Republic and online at naturerepublicusa.com
Price: $2.32 for 22 g/ 0.77 oz

Made in Korea

Description from the website: The hydrogel mask formulated with Kakadu Plum extract makes the rough skin smooth while delivering rich moisture to skin.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When I received this product, I was excited to try. I like this brand, I like sheet masks, and most importantly I have had great experiences with gel masks.
Here's a closer look at the sheet mask.
Here's how the mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's a really light scent. It's so light that it's hard to distinguish the smell but you do smell the plum. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple, clean, and straight to the point. You can see the plum on the packaging which is appealing to the eyes or at least mine. Not only that, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of foil-like packaging. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. The dimension of the mask is smaller than I like. It doesn't fully cover my forehead. There's space all through the hairline. It's also not wide enough. It didn't reach the hairline on the sides. The cut around the eyes and mouth was decent. It fit me perfectly. The nose I found odd as well. The cut was fine but one side of the tip of the nose was longer than the other. It look strange but at least, it covered the nose fully. The thickness of the mask is in-between medium to thick. Even though it's on the thicker side, you do have to be careful since it's a gel mask. The mask is cut in half and there are two pieces. One from forehead to nose and the other below the nose to chin. They also have a backing, as well as, one in the front. I like that they made the backing a thicker, plastic paper whereas the front is a thinner, plastic paper. You remove the backing and place that part on the face. Then you remove the thinner front piece. It makes it easier to place on the face, as well as, easier not to rip. Third, there's a decent amount of essence on the mask. Even though there's a good amount, I feel like most of it was inside the packaging. When I applied the gel mask, it felt dry. It didn't feel wet. Even though there's not a lot of essence on the gel mask, there's a lot leftover to be used on the neck and chest. You can use it for other things as well. It is up to you. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, I applied the gel mask. I masked for 30 minutes. I'm used to masking for that amount of time. It wasn't hard to remove and it did not stick to my skin like glue. It removed easily. My skin looked even and brighter. I like how it smoothed the skin, in the sense, the freckles and dark spots weren't noticeable. It did diminish the fine lines but I still saw my thick lines. Other than that, it's hydrating and that is expected with all sheet masks. Lastly, the next morning my skin still looked hydrated and even. I did start seeing the fine lines but not by much. You just need to be consistent in masking to see better results. I'm glad I got to try this product. I enjoyed it but I wouldn't say it's the best I have tried. It's just decent.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while using.
* Simple, clean, and appealing packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Cut of eyes and mouth is decent.
* Width of the nose is decent.
* Thickness is in-between medium to thick.
* Two different backings; to protect the gel and make it easier to apply.
* There's a lot of leftover essence.
* Easy to use.
* Removed easily.
* Skin looked even.
* Skin looked brighter.
* Less noticeable freckles and dark spots.
* Diminish fine lines.
* Hydrating.

Cons:
* Dimension of the mask is not long and wide enough.
* Length of the nose was strange.
* Gel mask didn't feel wet.
* Did not diminish thick lines.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Nature Republic products reviewed/swatch:
Given By Nature Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...