Monday, July 6, 2020

Manicure Monday: Chanel in Distraction

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Sorry I only post once last week. My life turned upside down within minutes. I will not get into it but please wear masks. It really made a difference in my life! You are wearing mask to protect yourself but most importantly, you are not spreading it. With that said, I have been good about wearing polishes I own. For this post, it is a repeat of the only polish from Chanel in Distraction that I reviewed in July 2013.

Here's a closer look at the packaging. I just checked out the website and they don't sell this anymore unfortunately.
Here's a closer look at the color. It's true to color from the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is on the thin side. The length, on the other hand, is the same.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Chanel in Distraction, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. Even though it's thin, it wasn't bad painting the nails. I just didn't clean the brush inside the packaging. I just used what I grabbed and I didn't need to re-dip. I also found it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It fits well with the brand. The only thing I don't understand is why there are two tops. I just think it's a waste of space. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is in-between thin to medium. I wouldn't say it's the most creamiest. It's also not thin that it runs. It's a creamy liquid if that makes sense. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is so gorgeous. It's a pretty peachy pink color. It's great for spring and summer season. Pigmentation-wise it's not the most pigmented but it s doable. Two layers were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw shrinkage on the fourth day. It's very minimal but you can see it. I did not see chipping whatsoever. I'm glad I was given this polish. I would never buy a Chanel polish for myself. It's too expensive for me. I'm cheap. For this reason, I cherish this polish so much!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...