Friday, July 24, 2020

OUAI Treatment Masque

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In January 2017, I purchased Play! By Sephora January 2017.

Here are the deluxe samples. I already reviewed Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream (Middle right). For this post, I will review the OUAI treatment on the top left.
Product Review: OUAI Treatment Masque

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at theouai.com
Price: $32 for 3.4 fl oz/100 mL

Description from the website: Looking for the best quickie of your life? This Treatment Masque leaves strands incredibly soft and smooth after just one treatment. Say by to damaged, dry hair and hello to shiny, silky hair. It's only a wash away.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I was never into hair masks until recently. I think last year after bleaching my hair. It made a big difference in my life. For this reason, I started looking through my old products to use the ones I have.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It's so light I couldn't distinguish it but you did smell something sweet. I just sniffed the product and it has a sweet, floral smell. It's nice or it's my type of scent. Secondly, I don't own the full-size. I only have a deluxe sample. From the website, the full-size comes in a tube like my deluxe sample. It looks simple and clean which is what I like. Since the deluxe sample I have own for some time, the package turned yellow. It tells me the packaging isn't the best. Thankfully, it's a sample. If the full-size turns yellow, that's a huge no no. You pay for something and it should be at it's best quality. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy for the deluxe sample. It's made out of plastic. The opening is sturdy as well. It has a tight seal, as well as, makes a clicking noise when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between thin to medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to lather into the hair. It's also not too thin that it runs while massaging. It's a good consistency. To be honest and since the packaging turned yellow, I don't know if the product itself is yellow or white. It could have turned yellow with the package. Since it goes on the hair and I haven't touched this product since I got it, I thought it would be safe enough to use. With that said, it's easy to use. About 10 minutes before I take a shower, I would apply the product on my hand and massage it into my hair. I did not use it at the roots. I only used it halfway to the ends where the dryness is. From the direction, it says to comb it through. I was lazy and I just comb it with my fingers. I don't know if it's correct but it still worked. Then I would go into the shower and do the normal routine of shampoo and condition. The treatment mask made a huge difference on my hair. Since I have dry ends from bleaching, it made it smoother and softer. I didn't need that much conditioner as I would without the treatment mask. It saved time in the shower, as well as, less conditioner. Not only that, I was able to comb through my hair with my fingers while shampooing and conditioning. I was not able to do that before unless I masked that day. One thing I did notice is that the next time I shampoo and condition my hair, my hair was still soft. When I masked with other hair masks, it was only good for that day. Lastly, my hair felt softer in-between showers. I only used this product twice a week and it made a difference. It's on the pricey side but I think it's worth it. I'm so glad I got to try this product. It really did make a difference in my hair. If you dye or bleach your hair, I recommend trying.

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy opening; feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and in-between thin to medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Hair became smoother.
* Hair became softer.
* Used less conditioner.
* Saved time in the shower.
* Able to comb through hair with fingers.
* Hair becomes softer with each usage.

Cons:
* Not the best quality packaging; package turned yellow.
* Pricey.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OUAI products reviewed/swatch:
Medium Hair

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...