Monday, July 27, 2020

Manicure Monday: Lime Crime in Crema De Limon

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bough with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of Lime Crime in Crema De Limon that I reviewed in June 2016.
Here's a closer look at the packaging. It seems like Lime Crime doesn't make nail polishes anymore, as well as, I cannot find any on the website.
Here's a closer look at the color. It is brighter on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, it's thinner and slightly shorter. I would say the width is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Lime Crime in Crema De Limon, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush isn't my type. It's on the thin side but for the consistency, it makes sense. I just did not wipe the brush in the inside of the bottle. It was good enough for one nail. Since the consistency is on the thicker side, it was hard to paint around the cuticles and sides not because of the brush. If you are more an experience painter, it shouldn't be hard. I'm just lazy and not that great. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's on the smaller side but I actually like it. I cannot even finish the full-size. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between medium to thick. I wouldn't say it's thick that it's hard to work with. I definitely don't think it's thin. It did not run or even close to it. It's a decent consistency. I wouldn't say it's the best. I did have to work quickly. It got thick with usage and it dries quickly to a point it can get streaky. For this reason, don't go over the area you already painted. With that said, it is easy to use but it takes practice. It went on smoothly, and there were no streaking and bubbles if you didn't go over the areas you painted. Fourth, the color is very bright yellow. It's a great summer color. You can also wear it for spring. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I did not even know it chipped on the side of the tip on my middle finger until I saw the picture above. This picture was taken two days later. There's no shrinkage whatsoever. Chipping is a different story. I noticed a lot of chipping on the tips on the fourth day. I'm glad I got to try this. The color is pretty and I got a lot of compliments. Even with the compliments, I think you can find a better brand.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Lime Crime products reviewed/swatch:
Lipstick
Babette
Nail Polish
Crema De Limon
Plushies Soft Focus Lip Veil
Milk Tea

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bough with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...