Friday, July 10, 2020

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Peel

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In April 2017, I purchased Play! By Sephora April 2017.
Here are the deluxe samples. I already reviewed Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover (top left). For this post, I will review the Dr. Dennis Gross peel on the top right.

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at drdennisgross.com
Price: $88 for 16 treatments

Made in USA

Description from the package: Supercharge your regimen with a clinical dose of retinol that acts in 2 ways: as a peel to accelerate skin renewal and an antioxidant to restore firmness, reduce wrinkles, and recover radiance.
Ingredients:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, SD Alcohol 40-B, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Ethoxydiglycol, Retinol, Ferulic Acid, Centella Asiatica Extract, Bisabolol, Soy Isoflavones, Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phospholipids, Sphingolipids, Squalane, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Sodium PCA, Lactic Acid, Mandelic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, BHA, Trideceth-9, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Sorbate, Benzoic Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol
Thoughts: When I first received this product, I had mixed feelings. I like exfoliating my skin but in a gentle way. This seems scary, in the sense, it's more than gentle. If you need to wear sunscreen because your skin is sensitive, it tells you something. At least, it told me. I'm at an age that I need to do more with my skin. For this reason, I finally decided to try it out.
Here's a closer look at the individual pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there was a slight scent while using. It was so light that I couldn't distinguish it. I just sniffed the product and it has a floral scent. It didn't feel like that when I was using the product but it could be mental. Secondly and from what I see from the website, you get a box with individual packaging like the one shown above (brownish-black packaging). It reminds me of sheet masks and their individual packaging. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of foil-like packaging. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the pad is soft and slightly liquidity. It's not liquidity to the point it's running. It's liquidity, in the sense, you feel a wet texture. It feels like a mask with a thick essence except it's a cotton pad. With that said, it's easy to use. After I cleanse my face, I massage the cotton pad all over the face. It doesn't tell me how long I should be massaging. I just did it until I went over all the areas. I noticed while massaging, the cotton pad became less soft. Basically, it's telling me the wet texture went into my skin and the less soft area of the cotton pad was exfoliating/peeling. Also, I was scared I would feel a tingling, painful sensation but I did not. I did feel some sensation on my skin but it was not painful. It was a small tingle here and there. I did not see any peeling whatsoever visually to my eyes. Maybe since I only had two treatments, I did not get the results expected. To be honest, I did not notice any difference after the treatments, as well as, the next morning. My skin looked the same. Lastly, I'm glad I got to try this product. I've always been curious to try a retinol product. For the cost, I don't know if it this worth it. On the other hand, it's hard to say after two treatments. I think this is a product you need to try at least a month to see results.

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Soft, wet pad.
* Easy to use.
* Absorbs easily into the skin.
* Exfoliate.
* No tingling, painful sensation.

Cons:
* Costly.
* Saw no difference to the skin.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...