Tuesday, February 10, 2015

L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara in Black

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When Miss Manga from L'Oreal came out last year, I couldn't refuse. Who doesn't want anime looking eyes!?!?

Where to purchase: ULTA, drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at lorealparisusa.com
Price: $7.99 for 0.27 fl oz/ 8.1 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: L'Oreal Paris introduces new Voluminous Miss Manga mascara featuring the 360 flexor brush to build bold volume with high intensity from top to bottom. For the first time, L'Oreal Paris creates a flexible brush with a unique conical shape to catch those hard to reach lashes with an incredibly even application. The Mega Impact Formula instantly builds oversized volume for 15X lash volume in a flash. Top lashes are amplified and bottom lashes maximized for the ultimate wide-eyed Manga Look.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When it comes to mascaras, I try not to buy them even though I hear great reviews. The reason is I have enough new mascaras to last a lifetime. That went downhill when I saw this mascara. I love anything cute or Asian-like stuff.
Here's a closer look at the mascara. The top is a plastic, shiny, metallic pink. It does grab some fingerprints but it's not extremely noticeable.
Here's a look at the wand. It's kind of interesting. The bristles are short at the tip and gets longer. The mascara is also bendable.

Now for how it looks on me...
This is with two coats of mascara.
I hope you can see the lashes in the pictures. It's kind of hard with the thick eyeliner. If anyone knows how to take pictures of lashes that's noticeable on picture, please tell me!

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no scent while applying the mascara or at least it's not something I noticed. While sniffing, it smells like a typical mascara. Secondly, I'm not used to bendable/flexible mascaras. It felt really uncomfortable to me. While applying the mascara on my lashes, it would bend at times. I'm so used to being hard and really digging at the roots of my lashes. I felt like I had to be gentle or else it'll break. It's all mental. I'm just not used to bendable mascaras. Third, it does a great job giving me volume. If you're looking for lengthening, this doesn't really do that much. I prefer volume over length. The volume makes my eyes stand out more so than length since I don't have that much lashes. It also holds my straight, Asian lashes. I love that my lashes don't fall while applying, as well as, throughout the day. I'm impressed for a non-waterproof mascara. Lastly, it lasts all day on me and I hardly see any smudges throughout the day. The most important question does it give me anime eyes? Not really but I like the volume.

Pros:
* Comes in waterproof and non-waterproof.
* Cute packaging.
* No noticeable scent.
* Coats the lashes.
* Volume.
* Does not heavy down the lashes.
* Holds straight, Asian lashes.
* Does not smudge.
* Long lasting.

Cons:
* Bendable/flexible mascara.
* Does not give length.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other L'Oreal products reviewed/swatch:
Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer
Colour Riche Caresse Stick
Colour Riche Eye Shadow Smokey Eyes
Colour Riche Glossy Balm
HIP Metallic Shadow Duo
Infallible Pro Matte Gloss
Lash Architect Waterproof
Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Volume Shocking Mascara
Voluminous Million Lashes

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

6 comments:

Lucie said...

This mascara sounds pretty good! Although, if I had to choose, I would prefer length over volume :D

Sachi said...

That is an interesting brush. I would probably freak out with a bendable brush. Or bend it too much and poke my eye (totally possible. Last week I accidentally primed...my contact...) Wish it gave length too since I love my mascaras to do both. But man...the packaging! CUTE

Ahleessa said...

Yeah, I was careful with applying the mascara because of the flexible brush. It wasn't that helpful when I was in a rush... hehe~ I know what you mean about the packaging! I really didn't need another mascara but I couldn't refuse. :X

Ahleessa said...

Really? Most people I know prefer volume over length. Why do you prefer length over volume *curious*?

Lucie said...

I think it's because I have short lashes. And I do need volume also but I don't know, I don't mind having thin lashes lol

Ahleessa said...

Ahhh~ That makes sense. I completely understand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...