Friday, March 15, 2019

L'Oreal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick in I Create

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Recently, April 2019, I was checking out the beauty aisle at Walmart and I saw the new lip product from L'Oreal.

Product Review: L'Oreal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick in #416 I Create

Where to purchase: ULTA, drugstore, mass merchandiser, and online at lorealparisusa.com
Price: $11.99 for 0.23 fl oz/ 7 mL

Description from the website: Lightweight matte colored ink that delivers a stain-like feel with the color impact of a liquid lipstick. Imparts lips with a high pigment, matte finish, and lasting wear.

Less texture*, more color: Rouge Signature is a lightweight matte colored ink that delivers intense pigment loads with a weightless, bare-lip sensation. This ultra-comfortable liquid matte colored ink provides lasting matte color and infuses lips with a healthy, even dye of color. The no makeup feel of a stain combined with the color impact of a liquid lipstick. Find your signature shade from our captivating range. Use with our precision applicator to shape and lines lips for a precise and perfectly applied lip.
Ingredients:
AQUA / WATER / EAU, DIMETHICONE, OCTYLDODECANOL, ISODODECANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES/POLYTRIMETHYLSILOXYMETHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYL PENTAPHENYL TRISILOXANE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINA
DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, LINALOOL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, TOCOPHEROL, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 45410 / RED 28 LAKE, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 45380 / RED 22 LAKE, CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE] FIL CODE B223640/1

Thoughts: When I saw this product, I was intrigued. I know that lipsticks and lipglosses are the in thing, but I still prefer liquid lipsticks. I just like the idea of how the products do not stain the cup/thermal bottle while drinking throughout the day. For this reason when I saw this product, I said yes let me try one.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the color on my hand.
Here's how the product looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Anastasia Sultry Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product, and there's a slight scent. It smells like vanilla. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and definitely looks like a packaging for a liquid lipstick. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic and it's see through. If you own more than one, than you can distinguish the colors. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. The shape of the doe foot applicator looks like a tear drop. The tip, sharp part, is great to outline the lips and the flat round part is great to fill in the remaining. There's also a little dip in the center of the round part. It grabs enough product that we do not need to re-dip into the product. Third, the consistency is liquidity. It glides on and does not tug on the lips. It goes on liquidity and dries within minutes. I wouldn't say it's the fastest drying liquid lipstick but it doesn't take that long. Once it dries, it's matte and slightly transfer-proof. I just kissed my hand and I saw small kiss mark mostly in the center of the lips. It's not that big of a deal or at least in my opinion. Since it's a liquid lipstick, I highly recommend you exfoliate before applying the lip product. It will adhere to the lips and show all the imperfections. Depending on the brand, some adhere more so than others. I don't mind the fine lines but I don't like the thick lines. It ages the lips in my opinion. Thankfully, this lip product only shows the fine lines. Fourth, the color is pretty. It's a neutral pinkish-brown tone or at least on my lips. It's a great all year color, as well as, for everyday. It'll look great with all types of makeup from light to smokey. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but one coat was good enough to show on my light to medium skin tone. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip products don't last that long on me. With that said, it's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got this product. I actually like it a lot. I can see myself wearing it often.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Simple, nice packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* See through; can distinguish the colors if you own more than one.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Tear drop doe foot applicator; easy to outline and fill in the remaining.
* Do not need to re-dip to get more product.
* Liquidity consistency.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Dries within minutes.
* Matte.
* Slightly transfer-proof.
* Only show the fine lines.
* Pretty, neutral, everyday color.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* No drying.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Isn't completely transfer-proof.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other L'Oreal products reviewed/swatch:
Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer
Colour Riche Caresse Stick
Colour Riche Eye Shadow Smokey Eyes
Colour Riche Glossy Balm
Colour Riche La Lacque
Colour Riche La Palette
Colour Riche Le Matte
HIP Metallic Shadow Duo
Shocked
Infallible Paints/Lips Mattes
Festival
Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick
Box O Chocolate
Nudist
Infallible Pro Matte Gloss
La Palette Lip
Lash Architect Waterproof
Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Volume Shocking Mascara
Voluminous Million Lashes
Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...