Friday, September 29, 2017

NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in Get It On

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last month August 2017, ULTA had 20% off sale. I bought some products.

Here's my haul. I already reviewed L'Oreal Infallible Paints/Lips Mattes in Festival (middle right). For this post, I will review the lip product on the bottom right.
Product Review: NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in #2764 Get It On

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, department stores, and online at narscosmetics.com
Price: $26 for 0.18 fl oz/ 5.5 mL

Made in Italy

Description from the website: Potency and precision-the new power couple. An innovative concentrate of our most powerful matte yet. Fluid Pigment Complex, liquefied pigment with a zero-gravity feel, introduces infinite matte color saturation with ultra-flexible long-wear. Sensorial, lightweight texture that applies like an ink on lips. Dries down to lock in formula for a smudge-resistant, carefree wear. Matte. Empowered. 20 lip-sealing mattes.

Precautions: Shake well before use. Product may stain. Open slowly. Please make sure the cap is securely closed when product is not in use.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When I first received an email from NARS about this new product, I was intrigued. I've been into liquid lipsticks/matte for some time. I first tried this at Sephora but they didn't have this particular color in display. I actually wanted American Woman. So when I was ordering online at ULTA, I was shocked there were more colors than display in store. I knew this would be my color and ordered it.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the color on my hand.
Here's how it looks on me.
Here's an overall look. I have Billy B X Gallany Essentials Palette on the eyes. Also, I'm so used to posting the other side of my face. For the next several weeks, it'll be my left side. I got laser removal on a sun spot on my cheek that I had since high school. It just kept getting bigger and darker that I finally decided to remove it. The nurse told me I cannot apply anything on it until it heals.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It smells like vanilla. I just sniffed the product. It does smell like vanilla but slight chemically. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It looks high-end. It's simple black with their logo, the word NARS, on the top. I also like the little peak/see through on each sides, there's four sides of a square, to show the color of the lip color. If you own more than one, it's easy to distinguish them apart. The thing I found interesting is the feel of the top and the bottom. The bottom is made of sturdy plastic with the black inside the packaging, whereas, the top is their typical velvet feel. I just hope it isn't like the past when the velvet gets sticky. I'm not a big fan of that. The difference texture of the top to the bottom isn't a big deal. I just noticed it. With that said, it's very well-made. The top is also sturdy. It makes a clicking noise and you can feel a tight seal when you open it. When you close the top, you just feel the tight seal. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Also, the applicator is different from any other applicators I have seen. The doe foot applicator is very thin. It's probably the thinnest I have ever seen. There's a slant on each side like other applicators, but it's the whole applicator not just only the tip. The tip makes it easy to outline the lips and the rest to fill the remaining. Third, the consistency is liquidity like a lot liquid lipsticks. It's easy to to apply. Initially, it goes on slightly glossy. It takes a little bit longer than other liquid lipsticks to dry to matte. I say about five minutes. It can be less or more depending how thinly you apply. Also, the color darkens a bit when it dries to matte.. With that said, it doesn't completely adhere to the lips like other liquid lipsticks. For that reason, it doesn't show the thick lines. You do see slight fine lines but I don't mind. I find it attractive. It looks like lip prints and I find that unique. Even though it dries matte, this isn't like other liquid lipsticks. I can slightly feel the lip color. It's not sticky whatsoever but it feels like lip balm. It's a typical light-weight feel but you feel something on your lips. Since the texture doesn't completely dry, it's not transfer-proof. I see a lip mark on my cup while I'm writing. In the description, there's no mention that it's transfer-proof but they do mention it's smudge-resistant. I don't know the exact definition of smudge-resistant. I'm imaging eye pencil and how it smudges. I don't see any smudging but I rubbed on the outline of the lips with my fingers. I saw some fading and the outline wasn't as define. Fourth, the color is pretty. It's my typical color that I tend to go for. It's a great everyday color and great all year round. Pigmented-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but it is. Lastly, it lasts until I eat. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth after each meal. If I didn't wipe my mouth, it should last longer. With that said, it's extremely comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I bought this. I've been wanting to try this since the first email I received about this product.

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Nice, high-end looking packaging.
* See through packaging; can distinguish the colors if you own more than one.
* Sturdy plastic bottom.
* Sturdy top with a tight seal.
* Travel-friendly.
* Unique applicator; tip is easy to outline the lips and fill in the remaining.
* Liquidity consistency.
* Easy to apply.
* Takes several minutes to dry to matte.
* Lip color darkens a bit after it dries to matte.
* Doesn't show the thick lines.
* Not sticky.
* Light-weight.
* Great, everyday color all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Brand used to be cruelty-free.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other NARS products reviewed/swatch:
Contour Blush
Paloma
Dual-Intensity Blush
Jubilation
Lip Cover
Matte Multiple
Nail Polish
Stain Lip Pencil

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...