Monday, January 29, 2018

Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Top Coat

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I feel so bad with my sporadic blog posts. I'm hoping I'm getting better from my flu and I become consistent. Anyways, I haven't been that great with my nails. For that reason, I want to review a top coat I've been using from Madam Glam.

Here are the products I received. I already reviewed Madam Glam Gelementary in Haters gonna Hate (right). For this post, I will review the top coat in the middle.
Product Review: Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Top Coat

Where to purchase: online at madamglam.com
Price: $11.95 for 15 mL/ 0.5 fl oz

Description from the website:
Clear

The needed ingredient for a long lasting gel like manicure.

Formula:
* Creme
* Gel like nail polish
* No LED/UV Needed
* Very smooth to apply
Ingredients:
Butyl acetate, Ethyl acetate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl alcohol, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Adipic acid/neopentyl glycol/trimellitic anhydride copolymer Acetyl tributyl citrate, Di-HEMA Trimethylhexyl Dicarbamate, Sucrose acetate isobutyrate, Stearalkonium bentonite Silica dimethyl silylate, n-Butyl alcohol, Styrene/acrylates copolymer, Acrylates copolymer, Polyvinyl butyral, Citric acid, Dimethicone
Thoughts: When I received this top coat, I was excited to try a gel-like top coat. I don't think I own one or even tried one, but I could be wrong. I have short memory.
Here's a closer look at the top coat.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the length is the same. The width, on the other hand, is thinner. I would say it's in-between thin to medium.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all and when it comes to base and top coat, the thickness of the brush doesn't matter to me. From my experience, they spread easily and coats every part of the nail bed. With that said, it's easy to use. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of firm glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open/close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also a great size to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It fits perfectly in your hand. Third, the consistency is medium. I've been using it for several months now and it hasn't change in consistency. From my experience, a lot of top coats get thicker with usage. So far it's been good but I might change my mind when I get half-way. That usually takes a year to get there with weekly usage. Also, I noticed the color of the top coat is slightly different than the base coat. The base coat is clear, whereas, the top coat has a slight cloudiness. I'm not too sure why but it makes it easier to distinguish them apart. Fourth, I think it depends on the polish you are applying on top of. If you apply on normal polishes, it takes longer than I like. I'm so used to fast drying top coats that dries within seconds. This take longer than that. I would say several minutes. For that reason, I apply my nails at night before heading to bed. I want the polish to be dried in the morning. If you apply on top of fast-drying polishes, the top coat dries quickly. Also, it makes the polishes shiny. It does make the polishes look gel-like. I've had several people comment on my nails. Lastly even though it looks gel-like, it doesn't last as long as gel. It chips when the polishes chip. Most of my polishes last five days. It doesn't matter if I use this top coat or a normal one. I'm glad I got this top coat. It's a good, fun one!

Pros:
* Thickness of the brush doesn't matter.
* Spread easily.
* Easy to use.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Top is sturdy; feel a tight seal when open/close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Fits perfectly in the hand.
* Medium consistency.
* Color is slightly different from base coat; can distinguish them apart.
* Polishes look shiny.
* Polishes does look gel-like.
* Most polishes last five days with this top coat.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Not a fast-drying top coat.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Madam Glam products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polish
Cinderella Shoes

Madam Glam is kind enough to give me a code, "Ahleessa30", for my readers. You get 30% off any purchases. I am not affiliated with the website. I will not get paid if you use the code.

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...