Monday, August 28, 2017

Manicure Monday: Madam Glam Gelementary in Haters gonna Hate

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Madam Glam.

I received a whole set from left to right; Gel-Like Base Coat, Gel-Like Top Coat, and Haters gonna Hate. For this post, I will review the nail polish on the right.
Product Review: Madam Glam Gelementary in Haters gonna Hate

Where to purchase: online at madamglam.com
Price: $11.95 for 15 mL/0.5 fl oz

Description from the website:
Hot Pink

Wear it proudly because there is no price for envy!

Formula:
* Creme
* Gel like nail polish
* No LED/UV Needed
* One to two coats for full opacity
* Very smooth to apply
Ingredients:
Butyl acetate, Ethyl acetate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl alcohol, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Adipic acid/neopentyl glycol/trimellitic anhydride copolymer
Acetyl tributyl citrate, Di-HEMA Trimethylhexyl Dicarbamate, Sucrose acetate isobutyrate, Stearalkonium bentonite
Silica dimethyl silylate, n-Butyl alcohol, Styrene/acrylates copolymer, Acrylates copolymer, Polyvinyl butyral, Citric acid, Dimethicone
Thoughts: When I heard about Gelementary, I was excited. I've always wanted gel-like nails without going through LED light. I've heard LED light is not great for the nails. Since my nails break easily, the thought of getting gel-like polishes was not an option. So for that reason, I was excited to try this collection!
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "hot pink" and I have to agree. I also think it's brighter and pinker on the nails than in the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the length is the same but the width is thinner. I would say the width is in-between thin to medium.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Madam Glam Gelementary in Haters gonna Hate, and topped it off with Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I actually like the brush. I'm not a big fan of thin brushes. I prefer wide width brushes, because it covers a lot of nail bed and it's quick. Since the consistency is a little thicker than normal, the in-between thin to medium brush was perfect for the consistency. It was easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the new packaging. It reminds me of some brand I can't think of. I also like how easy it is to grab with the hand, as well as, grab the thin longer handle. It's perfect for my fat fingers. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's not made out of some cheap glass. The glass is thick enough to protect the polish. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight squeeze when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Another thing that stood out is the QR Code in the back. When you scan it with your phone, it uploads the ingredients of the product. How cool is that! It's so up-to-date with modern technology. Third, the consistency is a little bit thicker than I'm used to. I would say it's in-between medium to thick. With that said, it did not get thick with application. I was able to take my time with painting. It went on smoothly, and there were no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is pretty. I'm usually not a pink person but I can see this on my toenails. It's a great hot pink color perfect for spring and summer season. Pigmented-wise I was impressed. It's not the most pigmented but it is up there. I applied two thin coats and the color was bright on my in-between light to medium skin tone. Lastly, there were no shrinkage whatsoever. I did notice slight chipping on the sides of the tips on the fifth day. Once it started chipping, it got worst each day. I noticed it went from slight to much bigger on the seventh day. With that said, it was extremely easy to remove. I don't know if Gelementary is better than normal polishes but they are equally the same on me. It's also possible since this is a pastel color, they tend to not last that long on me. If that's the case, this lasted longer than normal polishes.

Pros:
* In-between thin to medium width brush.
* Easy to paint around the cuticles and sides.
* Well-made, sturdy, thick glass new packaging.
* Sturdy top.
* Thick, long handle packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* QR Code; up-to-date modern technology.
* In-between medium to thick consistency.
* Did not get thick with usage.
* Was able to take my time with painting.
* Went on smoothly.
* No streaking and bubbles.
* Pretty hot pink color.
* Great for spring/summer season.
* Pigmented.
* No shrinkage whatsoever.
* Lasted five days before chipping.
* Easy to remove.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Madam Glam products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polish
Cinderella Shoes

Madam Glam is kind enough to give me a code, "Ahleessa30", for my readers. You get 30% off any purchases. I am not affiliated with the website. I will not get paid if you use the code.

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...