Monday, March 19, 2012

The Makeup Show LA 2012 Part 1

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post was given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with honest opinion.

This weekend was The Makeup Show, March 17 & 18, in LA. I've heard about this event/convention the last several years. I finally got to attend it and I was not disappointed! I met great people, attended the party, saw beautiful work of arts, saw professional makeup artists, got swag bag, and best of all makeup everywhere you looked. It was exciting and fun!!! :)

It started early, March 16, with blogger preview and cocktail party. This post is dedicated for that night. For the blogger preview, famous makeup artist Pati Prema Dubroff answered questions and applied makeup on her assistant.

She's a well known makeup artist who have done pages of Allure, Glamour, Vanity Fair, and so on. Her clients include Drew Barrymore, Ellen DeGeneres, Gwyneth Paltrow, etc. Unfortunately since I was sitting in the back, I was not able to take any good pictures. They all came out blurry. For that reason, I took her picture from her website at http://patidubroff.com/.

She gave great makeup tips. Here's some of the tips that really stood out for me.

Tip #1: When she does red carpet, she says she matches the makeup to the jewelries they wear. For example if they're wearing golds, she would do warm makeup and cool for silver jewelries.

Tip #2: She recommends good foundation and the one she's using is from Suqqu, Japanese brand.

Tip #3: She also recommends Hakuhodo brushes, another Japanese brand. It's well-made and light with the hand.

There were many more tips and I wrote them on my Twitter page while listening. Then they went into the swag bag and what we received.
Here's the goodies bag we received. I actually was pretty impressed they gave a well-made bag instead of a gift/plastic/brown bag. I'll definitely have a blast with the goodies, as well as, review them in the future posts.

Then it followed with the cocktail party. Some of the brands at the event/convention did makeup on models and they displayed their work.

Smashbox:
I loved the lipstick on the girl on the right! If you're curious to know what she's wearing. She's wearing Be Legendary Lipstick, Melondrama, Honey Nude Lip Pencil, Light.

Stila:

Mehron:
Instead of the makeup, the model stood out for me. She's such a gorgeous, exotic looking woman!

T3 Micro:
Her hair is so gorgeous!

MUD (Makeup Designory):

Senna:

Crown Brushes:
This guy was hilarious! He really stood out because of his personality. :)

Temptu:
The makeup was one of my favorites of the night!

Make-Up For Ever:
This was my other favorite! They had nothing on but tiny panties. :X
Here they are again with their makeup artist.

Thank you The Makeup Show for an enjoyable night!!! :)

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post was given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with honest opinion.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Makeup shows are so much fun!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Shop N' Chomp said...

Glad you had a great time! The makeup skills are amazing :D

(Just to get rid of toxins. Which diet are you on?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...