Monday, April 6, 2015

The Makeup Show LA 2015 Part 1

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I got busy and didn't have the time to be in front of my computer. Then I wasn't feeling too well. Now that I'm feeling much better, I'm trying my best to blog. Last weekend March 27, 2015, I went to The Makeup Show Blogger Preview Event.
Every year (2012, 2013, and 2014), James Vincent (The Makeup Show's Director of Artistry and Education) introduces who's leading the seminars and keynotes. Then he gets into the products that are in our swag bag.
Then after the Blogger Preview Event, we go straight to the Opening Party. They have food and an open bar.
They always have a theme. I actually really loved last year's theme, Kevyn Aucoin. I always thought he was an amazing makeup artist. Anyways, this year it was Smashbox and Donald Robertson (The new Andy Warhol) and Ellis Faas. The picture above is Smashbox and Donald Robertson.
Here's another wall dedicated to Smashbox and Donald Robertson.
Unfortunately, we did not see this on Friday. We actually noticed it on Saturday. The walls were surrounded with drawings and pictures. Since Elllis Faas was in the back, we didn't think about walking that way. I'm glad I noticed it on Saturday. The photography, as well as, the makeup are amazing.
Here's another wall dedicated to Ellis Faas.
During the Opening Party, my mouth dropped when Kat Von D showed up. It makes sense since this is the first time her makeup line is at The Makeup show. This is also the same picture from my Instagram.
Before we left, we decided to take a video at a booth. In all honesty, we thought it was a picture booth but it ended up being a video. It'll definitely be memorable. Beautzy is on the left and ModernChic is on the right.
Here are the goodies I received in my swag bag. You will see some future posts and reviews. I also took this picture from my Instagram.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

3 comments:

Sachi said...

Glad you are feeling better! Can't wait to see more pics

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! I love seeing your comments. You motivate me to blog. Thank you! :)

Sachi said...

awwww no prob!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...