Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Makeup Show LA 2014 Part 2

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Before I talk about my second day at The Makeup Show, please check out Part 1 of The Makeup Show Los Angeles 2014. For Part 2 I wanted to focus on The Makeup Show itself. Knowing I won't be attending for Saturday and Sunday, I wanted to spend Saturday shopping and attending the classes. Let me tell you, it did not go by my plan! I wanted to be there first thing when it opens, but I woke up at 11:30 a.m. Two and yes, two alarm clocks did not wake me up. Knowing that I did not have enough time, I went to the convention with no makeup and not eating anything. I just did not want to miss anything with the limited time I have.
As soon as you enter and sign-in, the first booth is Inglot. I highly recommend this brand. I've tried many products from this brand and love every single one. You can check out my reviews on AMC Lip Paint in #66 (I get a lot of compliments on this color), eyeshadow palette, AMC Face Blush in #55, and Nail Enamel in #390 (another one that I get compliments one). Even though I did not buy anything this time around, I do have a lip product that I got from Pro Night from IMATS that I need to review.
Here's Make Up For Ever. I love seeing them here every year. It gives me a chance to buy products from their Pro store that you cannot get at your regular stores like Sephora.
It's great seeing Nars again! You will not see them at any beauty conventions except for The Makeup Show. They first came last year and the way they set things up, it was hard to look around. I'm glad they set things up differently this year. It was easy to see the products, and buy some goodies that I will review.

I can go on and on with different booths, but like I said I was short on time. Honestly, I focused more on shopping than being a blogger and taking pictures. I hope you can understand. While shopping, I took pictures of great talents.
How amazing is this!?!? She looks like a fairy from the woods. Yes, I know it doesn't exist but if there was one she would be it.
How hot is this!?!? I'm loving the fin on the arms.
Here's an artist in action. I can just sit there for hours and watch. It's amazing watching initial to final transformation.

Now I'm ending this post with my haul.
Here's what I bought. I will review these.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

4 comments:

notarichgirl said...

Oh I love to watch the special fx makeup artists work! I can watch them for hours too. Do you watch Face Off..?? Love that show..

Ahleessa said...

Unfortunately, I don't have cable and never saw Face Off. I did hear about it and I can definitely tell it's my style of show. I did attend a Face Off premiere party. Even though I did not know anyone, I was so drawn to the artists. I stayed there the whole time. It's a good thing I did not leave early, because I was the second prize. You can read my event if you like, http://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/2013/10/endura-face-off-premier-party.html. :)

shinyprettythings said...

I really like Inglot. Love their shadows! Great haul too!

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! Other products from Inglot is good as well. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...