Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Profusion Mixed Metals Eyes & Lips Kit in Peach

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive some products from Profusion.
I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Profusion Highlight & Contour (bottom right). For this post, I will review the kit on the left.

Where to purchase: Target and online at profusioncosmetics.com
Price: $10 for 0.79 oz/ 22.5 g eyeshadow X 0.12 oz/ 3.5 g lip creme X 0.05 oz/ 1.4 g lip liner

Made in China

Description from the website: The ultimate metal-meets-matte collection designed to give your eyes and lips a rockstar finish with effortless style. Apply the richly pigmented shadows seamlessly with the Pro Series brush. Line your perfect pout with the matte lip pencil and glide-on the metalized lip creme for a one-of-a-kind Mixed Metals look!
Ingredients:
EYESHADOW INGREDIENTS: Mica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Kaolin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Silica, Cocosnucifera (Coconut) Oil, Polybutene, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol. May Contain: Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), FD&C Red No.40 (CI 16035), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), FD&C Yellow No.5 (CI 19140).
METAL MATTE LIP CREME INGREDIENTS: Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Slica, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Mica, Fragrance. May Contain: Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
MATTE LIP LINER INGREDIENTS: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceresin, Beeswax, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Synthetic Wax, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxide Yellow(CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black(CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491).
Thoughts: When I received this kit, I was excited to play around with it. To be honest, this was the first product I played with even before I reviewed Profusion Highlight & Contour.
Here's a closer look at the products inside the kit from left to right; eyeshadow palette, lip creme, lip liner, and brush.
Here's a closer look at the eyeshadow palette in Peach.
Here's how it looks inside. It comes with a mirror.
Here's a closer look at the 9 eyeshadows from top to bottom, left to right; Polite, Wannabe, Ecstatic, Outgoing, Certain, Outspoken, Crimson, Bordeaux, and Special.
Here's a closer look at one of the eyeshadow Certain.
Here's a swatch on my hand from the top row left to right; Polite, Wannabe, and Ecstatic.
Here's a swatch on my hand from the second row left to right; Outgoing, Certain, and Outspoken.
Here's a swatch on my hand from the bottom row left to right; Crimson, Bordeaux, and Special.
Here's a closer look at the lip liner in Matte Peach.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the Metal Matte Lip Creme in Metal Peach.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the doe foot applicator.
Here's a swatch of the lip products on my hand on the left is the lip liner and the right is the lip creme.
Here's a closer look at the eye brush.
Here's a closer look at the brush hair.

Now for looks I created using the products...
Look #1
I applied Certain on the lid and blended out the crease and outer v with Special.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look. I have Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita II on the lips.

Look #2:
I applied Wannabe on the lid and blended out the crease and outer v with Outgoing. Then I darken the outer v with Special and added a touch of color in the center of the lid with Ecstatic.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's how the lip liner in Matte Peach looks on me. On this day, I tested out the lip products.
Here's an overall look with the lip liner in Matte Peach.
Here's how the lip creme in Metal Peach looks on me.
Here's an overall look with lip creme in Metal Peach.
Here's how a mixture of lip liner and lip creme looks on me. I applied the lip liner in Matte Peach all over my lips. On top of the lip liner, I applied the lip creme in Metal Peach.
Here's an overall look with lip liner and lip creme mixture.

Look #3:
I applied Crimson on the lid and blended out the crease and outer v with Bordeaux. Then I added a touch of color in the center of the lid with Certain.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Dirty Little Secret Lip Gloss in AF.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying the eyeshadows. I just sniffed the palette and it has a strong vanilla scent. There's also no scent while applying the lip liner. I just sniffed the lip liner and no scent whatsoever. There's a slight scent while applying the lip creme. I just sniffed the lip creme and the smell is the same while applying. It smells like vanilla. It's doable. Secondly, I like the packaging of all four. The eyeshadow palette is well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. There's no scratches whatsoever but there are a lot of finger print marks on the bottom of the palette. The top is also sturdy. It makes a clicking noise, as well as, you can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. I also like that it comes with a mirror. It makes it easy to use while applying makeup. The lip liner looks like every other lip liners except it comes in color. Most of my lip liners are in black. It's hard to distinguish them apart unless I read what the color of the lip liner is. The color makes it easy to distinguish. With that said, you do have to sharpen which is not an issue with me. The lip creme is also well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic and comes in a see through packaging. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. The brush is nice as well. It's simple, clean, and well-made. There were no bleeding and loose hair while washing. The hair is also soft to the touch. All four are great for traveling. Third, the consistency of the eyeshadows are mixed. Some are more buttery soft than other. The mattes and metallic are really soft in-between the fingers. The one with glitter, Ecstatic, is slightly rougher but not by much. With that said, it's easy to use. It's easy to grab with the brush. Not only that the colors blend well together, at the same time, they don't look like one color on the lids. You can see the transition between the shadows. It's also compacted and there aren't loose shadows all over the palette. The consistency of the lip liner is in-between soft to rough. It's not rough to the touch but it isn't completely soft. It doesn't tug on the lips but you can feel slight roughness while applying. It's extremely easy to use. I've always been a fan of pencils but at the same time I don't use it often. The thinness of the pencil takes effort to color the entire lips. I'm just lazy. The consistency of the lip creme is creamy. It's soft to the touch and applies smoothly on the lips. There's no tugging whatsoever. I ended up liking the brush. It's really soft on the skin and it's easy to blend on the crease and other v. For the lids, I used another brush. Fourth, the colors of the eyeshadows are on the warm tone. If you're not into peachy/coral/mauve colors, this isn't for you. I would say the colors are great all year round depending on how you use the shadows. The lip liner is pretty. It's a great all year as well. I really like how the color looked on my lips. It's on the natural side. The lip creme is pretty. I actually like the color alone. I didn't like the mixture of the lip liner and lip creme together, but that's personal taste. I'm not a big fan of metallic lip products but this one I actually liked. It's not so metallic that it stands out. It's on the more natural side. With that said, it's great all year as well. Pigmentation-wise it's up there but depending on the product. Most of the shadows are pigmented. I noticed the lighter colors like Wannabe and Ecstatic took some more work than the rest. I was pretty impressed with the medium to darker shadows, as well as, the light color that I applied under the brow (Polite). The lip liner isn't that pigmented. It showed on me since I'm on the paler side, as well as, my lips. If you have more a darker tone lips, it might not really show up that much. The lip creme is decent. One layer was good enough to show on my skin. Lastly, the shadows are long lasting. It lasted all day on me without creasing and smudging. The lip liner and lip creme lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth after each meal. For this reason, most lip products don't last that long on me. With that said, they're both light weight and comfortable. I did not see any drying with both the lip liner and lip creme. There were no white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got to try these products. I'm pretty impressed with the brand and best of all, the price is nice!

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying the shadows and lip liner.
* Well-made and sturdy eyeshadow palette.
* Palette has a sturdy top; makes a clicking noise and feel a tight seal when open/close.
* Palette comes with a mirror.
* Lip liner comes in color; easy to distinguish from other liners.
* Well-made and sturdy lip creme.
* Lip creme comes in a see through packaging; can distinguish the color.
* Lip creme has a sturdy top; feel a tight seal when you open/close.
* Simple, clean, and well-made brush.
* There were no bleeding and loose hair while washing the brush.
* All travel-friendly.
* Most of the eyeshadows have buttery soft consistency.
* Eyeshadows are easy to use.
* Eyeshadows blend well together.
* Can see the transition between the eyeshadows.
* Eyeshadow are compacted.
* No loose powder all over the eyeshadow palette.
* Lip liner is easy to use.
* Consistency of the lip creme is creamy.
* Lip creme does not tug on the lips.
* Brush is soft and easy to blend.
* Eyeshadows are on the warm tone and great all year round.
* Lip liner is great all year round and on the natural side.
* Lip creme is great all year round and more so on the natural side when it comes to being metallic.
* Most of the eyeshadows are pigmented.
* Lip creme is decent when it comes to pigmentation.
* Eyeshadows lasted all day without creasing and smudging.
* Lip liner and lip creme lasted until I ate.
* Lip liner and lip creme are both light weight.
* Lip liner and lip creme are comfortable.
* Lip liner and lip creme are not drying.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Finger print marks on the bottom of the eyeshadow palette.
* Consistency of the lip liner is in-between soft and rough.
* Lip liner isn't completely pigmented.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Profusion products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...