Friday, March 5, 2021

OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Creme

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In June 2020, I made a purchase from Sephora.
Here's my haul. I bought four things and received two lip samples on the right. For this post, I will review one of the things from the Sephora Favorites on the top left.
Here's a closer look at the box.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a closer look at the products. I already reviewed Sephora Face Mask in Lychee (top left). For this post, I will review the eye cream from OLEHENRIKSEN on  the top middle.
Product Review: OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Creme

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at olehenriksen.com
Price: $39 for 0.5 oz

Made in USA

Description from the website: Wake up before you makeup with your favorite under eye brightening cream. OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright eye cream brightens and instantly targets fine lines and wrinkles, delivering age-defying results. Collagen-boosted, it firms and deeply hydrates even as it feels deliciously lightweight making this your go to vitamin c eye cream that promises to help revive and illuminate the entire eye area over time.

Inspired by the makeup artist must-have-"banana powder"-this sunny yellow brightening eye cream contains special pigments to instantly brighten and color-correct the eye area. But that's not all: It creates a smooth, well-rested canvas and is proven to improve concealer wear. Dark circles-diminished. Crow's feet-conquered. Now, go conquer the day with your favorite OLEHENRIKSEN brightening eye cream!
Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Isododecane, Coconut Alkanes, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Polyglyceryl-3 Rice Branate, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Cetearyl Alcohol, 3-0-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Glycerin, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Cocoyl Proline, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylate-13, Mica, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Polyglyceryl-6 Ricinoleate, Polyglyceryl-6 Caprylate, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Polyglyceryl-3 Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Polyisobutene, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Parfum/Fragrance, Tamarindus Indica Seed Polysaccharide, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbic Acid, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Propanediol, Collagen, Aroma/Flavor, Ascorbic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Pullulan, Nannochloropsis Oculata Extract, Linolenic Acid, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.
Thoughts: I just finished my eye cream and went through my collection. I thought I would use this sample. I was curious about this brand and why not.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it has a light scent. I thought I smelled orange but it could be banana. I like the smell personally. Secondly, I do not own the full-size product. I can only talk about the deluxe sample I received from the kit I bought. From the website, it looks like a nice packaging for the full-size. Actually, the deluxe sample looks like the mini-version of the full-size. Again I am not too sure since I do not own the full-size. With that said, the deluxe sample is well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to absorb into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs while applying. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I just grab the eye cream with my clean, ring finger. Then I dab all over the eyes. Make sure you don't rub. The eyes are the most sensitive skin on the face. It quickly absorbs into the skin and it feels like butter. It's probably one of the most buttery eye creams I have ever felt. It's not greasy, not sticky, and extremely comfortable. Since it's so soft in texture and absorbs quickly, I sometimes think I didn't apply this area and I grab more. For a costly eye cream, it can be used up quickly. Per description, it is supposed to brighten and color correct. I do not have a strong dark circle to start with. I cannot say much about this. I still have a light dark circle and it hasn't disappeared at all. I just think my eyes look softer and feel. Lastly, the skin around my eyes look okay the next morning. It's hard to judge since I only received a deluxe sample. When it comes to eye creams, you need to use it for several weeks before you see the difference. I'm glad I got this product and also curious to try the full-size. I guess the deluxe sample really did pull me in.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Quickly absorbs into the skin.
* Feels like butter.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Comfortable.
* Eye area looks softer.
* Skin feels softer.

Cons:
* Can be used up quickly.
* Light dark circle still visible.
* Cannot fully review since it's a deluxe sample.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...