Friday, March 26, 2021

Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in Thicc

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In June 2020, I made a purchase from Sephora.
Here's my haul. I bought four things and received two lip samples on the right. I already reviewed OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Creme (top left). For this post, I will review the lip product from Fenty Beauty on the bottom right.
Product Review: Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in Thicc

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at fentybeauty.com
Price: $9 for 1.7 g/0.06 oz

Made in USA

Description from the website: All-day Color Intensity, Weightless Matte Finish.

Give it to me quick: An ultra slim lipstick with a longwearing, petal-soft matte finish, now in a rainbow of 23 weightless, color-intense shades each designed to flatter all skin tones.
Ingredients:
OCTYLDODECANOL, CANDELILLA CERA/EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA, POLYETHYLENE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA/MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE, SILICA, ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, HYDROGENATED POLYCYCLOPENTADIENE, ISOHEXADECANE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, LECITHIN, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, DIMETHICONE/BIS-ISOBUTYL PPG-20 CROSSPOLYMER, AQUA/WATER/EAU, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CERA CARNAUBA/COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, MICA, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PASSIFLORA EDULIS SEED OIL. MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77499), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985), RED 6 (CI 15850).
Thoughts: While I was shopping on Sephora website, I saw that this product was on sale. I decided to try it out since I like matte lipsticks. Not only that, it is a color I would like. I love my rosy/mauve colors.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the icon on the lipstick tip.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describe it as "sultry mauve" and I have to agree. I also pulled it all the way up.
Here's a swatch of the lipstick on my hand.
Here's how the lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Natasha Denona Mini Gold Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and no scent whatsoever. Secondly, the packaging is cute. It's small and thin. It's also very shiny. The shininess will take away from the scratches it will get. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, it makes a clicking noise when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's extremely buttery soft and glides on the lips. It does not tug at all. With that said, it's easy to use. I use the top slanted part to outline the lips and fill the remaining with the flat surface. This is a regular matte lipstick and does transfer. I know nowadays we are looking for transfer-proof lipsticks since we are wearing masks. You might want to pass if you wear cloth masks. If you wear disposable mask that you throw after wearing, this will be a good choice. Since it's a matte lipstick, you do need to exfoliate and hydrate the lips before wearing. It will show all your imperfections. It showed my chapped lips but it wasn't that bad. It did not show my thick lines which is a huge plus in my book. Fourth, it's a gorgeous mauve color. I really liked the color a lot. I kept looking at my lips when I wore this. With that said, do I think the color is unique? No, you can find it in other brands. Then again how many mauve lipsticks do we own and they all look different in our eyes. It will be great all year round. Pigmentation-wise its up there. I was pretty impressed with one layer. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, no lipsticks last longer than my meal. I also do recommend not smacking your lips together. It will spread and bleed outside the lip lines. It's not drying and I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I am glad I got this product. It's been on sale for ages. I do not know if they are discontinuing this line or what. I'm happy with my purchase.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Small and thin packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy, buttery soft consistency.
* Glides on and does not tug on the ips.
* Easy to use.
* Did not show my thick lines.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* No drying.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Will get scratches on the packaging.
* Will spread and bleed outside the lip lines if you smack the lips together.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Fenty Beauty products reviewed/swatch:
Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo
Stunna Lip Paint

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...