Thursday, May 3, 2012

Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in Iridescent Icy Pink

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March, I attended The Makeup Show. You can read my post about the event. I was one of the few who attended the Blogger Preview. I feel very thankful to witness this great event. Not only did I learn a lot during the event, they gave all of us a swag bag. This will be my first review from one of the many products we received.

I don't know if you can tell there's a lipstick on the right corner of the picture. I received the lipstick, as well as, the academy catalog. Before I talk about the lipstick, I want to mention the catalog. It has non-stop pictures of makeups done on models. Can I say how gorgeous they are! Here are a few of them.
I love how simple the makeup is, at the same time, it's so romantic.
Not only does the model have gorgeous blue eyes, I love how they put the petals around the eyes. It looks so lively and clean.

Now for the review...

Where to purchase: Sephora stores, sephora.com, and specific stores
Price: $19 for 3.5 g/ 0.12 oz

Made in France

Description from site:
What it is: 
An ultra-creamy lipstick with a translucent soft, shiny finish.

What it does:
Enriched with nourishing properties, Rouge Artist Natural keeps lips hydrated for eight hours after application. Its incredibly smooth texture glides on effortlessly for ultimate comfort while also leaving the lips supple and moisturized. Formulated with mother-of-pearl and colorful pigments, Rouge Artist Natural's translucent shine adds a natural sheen to the lips.

What else you need to know:
This lipstick is available in an array of fresh, luminous shades with two finishes: satin and pearly.
Thoughts: When I first received this, I was pretty excited! Not only is it a brand I trust, I received a color I like. My experience with receiving lipsticks, they tend to be a color I hardly wear like red. It was great to see a lipstick that I can see myself wear on daily basis! :)

Before I talk about the color of the lipstick and the product, let's focus on packaging. Most lipsticks tend to have their logo on one side of the top. Make Up For Ever has it all around. I think that's pretty interesting and unique.



It's a pretty simple design and the brand name definitely stands out.
Here's the bottom of the lipstick. They gave me N19. From my experience, Make Up For Ever works with letter and numbers. They hardly write the color on the products. The one I got is Iridescent Icy Pink. The colors are listed on a fact sheet I received. Unfortunately, a lot of the colors are not sold in Sephora stores including the one I received. This one is sold in Make Up For Ever NYC Studio, LA Boutique and Boutiques at Sephora Soho, Venetian, and South Coast Plaza.
Here's how the lipstick looks in natural light. I think it's more true to this color than the flash picture taken above. Only thing I noticed is that it looks matte in this picture. It's actually on the semi-shiny side.
Here's a swatch of the color. Isn't it gorgeous!?!? I love how natural it looks, at the same time, it gives of shine. :)
Here's how the lipstick looks on me. My lips are not this pink.

The lipstick is very creamy as you apply it. In my opinion, it's a lot creamier than most lipsticks I know. One thing good about the lipstick being creamy is that you do not have to put pressure while applying. Since it's so creamy, it lasts a good hour to three depending on if you lick your lips or eat something. If you eat or lick your lips, it will not last that long.

It also moisturizes your lips. If I had to compare this to Revlon Lip Butter, I can't say one is better than the other. They're pretty equal when it comes to moisturizing. My lips get better throughout the day, as well as, how frequently I apply it.

Pros:
* Make Up For Ever, a brand I trust.
* Logo all around.
* Variety of colors.
* Gorgeous colors.
* Creamy.
* Semi-moisturizing.
* Shiny.

Cons:
* Letter and numbers; never list the name of the color.
* Not all the colors are located in Sephora stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Make Up For Ever products reviewed/swatch:
HD Blush
HD Foundation
HD Primer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

7 comments:

LauraLeia said...

The pink looks very pretty! I would definitely wear this shade more than reds too. :)

FashionCherry said...

Thats a really cool lipcolour on you..

http://fashioncherry.co/lets-go-retro-fashion-accessories/

Shop N' Chomp said...

Love that color on you! Really nice swag bag :D

Shop N' Chomp said...

Haha...now that you mention it, you're right!

Bonnie said...

Totally agree -- I love Makeup Forever. They have great products.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Anna said...

wow thats lucky to get ya colour u like and at such limited place! yay i like this pink too!

xoxo elle

Anonymous said...

Ohh you're so lucky you got a swag bag and the color looks very pretty on you!! Thanks for sharing those pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...