Monday, March 18, 2019

Maple Holistics Silk18 Shampoo

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Maple Holistics.

Product Review: Maple Holistics Silk18 Shampoo

Where to purchase: online at mapleholistics.com
Price: $12.95 for 10 oz/296 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: Achieve stronger, smoother, more luscious hair with silk18 shampoo. Infused with a rejuvenating blend of 18 silk amino acids which help fortify hair follicles and strengthen strands to protect hair from dryness, breakage, damage, split ends, and hair fall. The nourishing formula gently cleanses dandruff, excess sebum, and impurities to leave your hair and scalp feeling fresh but not stripped. Enriched with argan and jojoba oil to add supreme softness and a luminous shine. Our shampoo is sulfate and paraben-free making it great for all hair types, color treated hair, and sensitive skin.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I've had such great experience with this brand. So when they approached me to review this shampoo, I couldn't say no. Plus, I already love their Silk18 Conditioner. I need to try the other half, shampoo.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. I remember the scent was medium when I first tried it. You can smell it but it wasn't overwhelming. After couple of usage, I didn't notice anymore. I just got used to the scent. I just sniffed the product and it smells like cookie, baked goods. I actually don't mind the scent. It has a slight muskiness but not to the point it's bothersome. On the other hand, it's on the sweet side. Secondly, the packaging is nice. I'm not too sure but it looks like they revamped the packaging. I like the new packaging. It just looks more professional. It's simple, clean, and easier to use. The older packaging was easy as well but I felt the hole on the top is smaller if I recall. I'm not 100% sure but my brain says it was. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The plastic is squeezable which makes it easy to squeeze the product to the top. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you push and close the top, as well as, it makes a clicking noise. Also, you have full control of the quantity you squeeze. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thin that it's watery. It's also no too thick that it's hard to shampoo into the hair. It's a good consistency. It's also easy to use. I squeeze a small amount. I would say a size of a quarter and that amount shampoos my long hair. I'm sure you cannot tell from the pictures but my hair goes to my waist for now. Honestly, a little goes a long way with this shampoo. I was amazed how easy it lathers into the hair. When you feel or at least for me some foam, mentally it feels like you are cleaning the hair. I definitely do not see the oil residue that builds up easily in my roots. It takes about three days which is longer than most times. My roots can build oil in a day and a half to two days the least. Also the ends feel slightly softer than usual. It would get crispy after a day. It takes two days now to feel the dryness on my ends. Lastly, it's made out of natural ingredients without harsh chemicals. If you want a product that is healthy for the hair, this is a good one. I'm glad I got this product. My hair feels soft and I can tell it loves it. You can also order through Amazon.

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Simple, clean, and professional looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Squeezable plastic.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and makes a clicking noise when you push and close the top.
* Full control of the quantity you squeeze.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy, medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* A little goes a long way.
* Lathers quickly and easily.
* Oil does not build up that easily in the roots.
* Slight softness the dryness.
* Natural ingredients.
* No harsh chemicals.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Maple Holistics products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...