Friday, January 29, 2016

e.l.f. Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Toast

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In December, I received some products from e.l.f. Cosmetics.

I took this picture from my Instagram. For this post, I will review the eyeshadow on the bottom right.
Product Review: e.l.f. Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in #81143 Toast

Where to purchase: CVS, Target, Kmart, and online at elfcosmetics.com
Price: $3 for 0.11 oz/ 30 g

Made in China

Description from the package: This vibrant, shimmering, long-wearing color can be worn as an eyeshadow or eyeliner. The shimmery whipped gel texture is easy to blend and lightweight for lasting comfort. Perfect for highlighting and adding extra shine for a glamorous look.
Ingredients:
Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Butyl Acrylate/Hydroxypropyl Dimethicone Acrylate Copolymer, Petrolatum, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Talc, Dimethicone, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491,CI 77499)
Thoughts: When I first saw this, I knew this has to be first product to play with. It reminds me of ColourPop Super Shock Shadows (I have Get Lucky and I Heart This).
Here's how the eyeshadow looks open.
Here's a closer look at the eyeshadow.
Here's a swatch on my hand.

Now for looks I did...
Look #1:
Here's how the eyeshadow looks on me. I blended it out on the crease and outer v with Milani Eyeshadow in Bella Espresso.
Here's an overall look. I have MustaeV lip product on my lips which I will review soon.

Look #2:
Here's a more opaque look on my lid. I blended out on the crease and outer v with e.l.f. Clay Eyeshadow Palette in Smoked to Perfection.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look. I have Kiss True Volume Lashes in Posh and Dose of Colors in Stone from the Terra Collection on my lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying the product. Out of curiosity, I just sniffed the product and it has some scent. It's not pleasant I must say. Secondly, the consistency is like every other whipped/cream/gel eyeshadows for example ColourPop. If you dip your finger into the eyeshadow, it'll will make a dent. I think it's pretty cool because it's fun to play with. It reminds me of Play-Doh. With products like this, I recommend using your fingers and sponge applicators that come in a palette. I also recommend doing one eye at a time. They tend to dry fast from this type of eyeshadow. This particular eyeshadow from e.lf. is a little bit different. They don't dry fast. They act like regular eyeshadows. For that reason, you can do both eyes at the same time. The pro is that you can blend the eyeshadow with other eye products, and take your time doing it. There really isn't a con depending on what you want. I don't mind that it doesn't dry. Third, the color isn't bright and out there. It's a neutral everyday wear. It applies lightly but you can build the color. I wish it was more opaque but it's pretty decent. Also, there are sparkles in this eyeshadow but it's not huge chunks of glitters. It just looks shimmery on the eyes. Lastly, it lasted all days on me with no creasing.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying the product.
* Whipped eyeshadow; fun to play with.
* Applies like regular eyeshadows.
* Easy to blend with other eye products.
* Great every day color.
* Color is build-able.
* Glitters that make it look more shimmery.
* Lasted all day on me without creasing and smudging.

Cons:
* Not opaque.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other e.l.f. products reviewed/swatched:
Moisturizing Lipstick
Prism Eyeshadow

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...