Friday, December 25, 2015

e.l.f. Prism Eyeshadow in Sunset

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.


Merry Christmas! I hope you have a great one filled with love and happiness.


In November, I received some products from e.l.f. Cosmetics.
I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick in Marsala Blush on the bottom right. For this post, I will review the eyeshadow palette on the top right.
Product Review: e.l.f. Prism Eyeshadow in #83323 Sunset

Where to purchase: CVS, Target, Kmart, and online at elfcosmetics.com
Price: $10 for 0.42 oz/ 12 g

Made in China

Description on the package: Ultra-silky eyeshadows that look like powder but feel like a cream to create smooth and flawless application. Use to contour, line, and highlight for both day and night looks.
Ingredients:
Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, Polyisobutene, Bismuth Oxychloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)
Thoughts: I've heard great things about the Prism Eyeshadow palette. For that reason, I actually purchased it in Naked. I just haven't used it.
Here's how the palette looks open and it comes with a mirror.
Here's a closer look at the six eyeshadows.
Here's a closer look at one of the eyeshadows. It's the fourth one from the left.
It comes with one applicator with both ends. One side is more pointer than the other.
Here's a swatch of the first three eyeshadows from left to right.
Here's a swatch of the last three eyeshadows from left to right.

Now for looks I did with this palette...
Look #1:
I used the third color from left on the inner lid, and a mixture of second and sixth color from the left on the outer lid. Then blended it out on the crease and outer v with the fifth color from the left. On the center of the lid, I applied the first color from the left to give a sparkle.
Here's a same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick in Marsala Blush.

Look #2:
I applied a mixture of first and fourth color from the left on the lid. Then I blended it with Milani Eyeshadow in Bella Espresso on the crease and outer v.
Here's an overall look again with e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick in Marsala Blush.

Look #3:
I applied sixth color from the left on the lid. Then blened ou with Milani Eyeshadow in Bella Espresso the crease and outer v.
Here's an overall look with Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in HD Seduction.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the eyeshadows are shimmery. If you're not into shimmery eyeshadows, this isn't for you. I, personally, use a combination of shimmers and matte. For that reason, I grab other eyeshadows to balance the shimmers. Secondly, the shadows are extremely silky. They feel soft and smooth. It glides on while you're applying the eyeshadows. It doesn't feel like any other eyeshadows I have used. It looks powdery but applies like butter. That might be a reason why there's no fall out. Third while I was swatching the shadows, I didn't feel like it was that pigmented. I still think it's not the most pigmented, but it's a lot more pigmented on the lids than on my hand. If you want to make it more pigmented, you can apply it on top of white base or even wet the shadows. Fourth, the shadows blended well together that it looked like one color than a smooth transition from one to the other. I had to be careful how I blended the shadows or else it looked like I'm wearing only one eyeshadow. Fifth, the colors are pretty and great for spring/summer season. I tend to grab neutral colors since they're so easy to use and wear in daily basis. This palette is pretty but it isn't something I would reach often. Lastly, it lasted all day and did not crease.

Pros:
* Comes with a mirror.
* Thin.
* Travel-friendly.
* Cheap for 6 colors.
* Shimmery.
* Silky; glides on the lids.
* No fall outs.
* Can be used wet or dry.
* Did not crease.
* Lasted all day.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* There's no other textures other than shimmer.
* Slightly pigmented.
* Blended to look like one eyeshadow color.

Would repurchase: No, not in this color.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other e.l.f. products reviewed/swatched:
Moisturizing Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...