Monday, February 16, 2015

Manicure Monday: Formula X in Mr. Positivity

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter Makeup by One Direction Tin. It ends March 3, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PST (Pacific time).


Two Christmas ago, 2013, Beautzy gave me a Christmas gift.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I received my first Formula X nail polishes and Make Up For Ever palette.
Here's a closer look at the nail polishes from The X Look. Unfortunately, they don't sell the mini-set anymore but you can purchase each one individually. I already reviewed Formula X in Atom + Eve (second from left). For this post, I will review the third one from the left.
This is Formula X in Mr. Positivity. Since I did a thorough review of Formula X in Atom + Eve, I will base this on that.
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Here's a closer look and it's very true to color! The website describes it as "emerald green multi-glitter."
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compare to my favorite OPI brush, this is thinner and shorter. I actually find it hard to paint my nails especially around the cuticles.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Orly Calcium Shield Basecoat, 2 coats of Formula X Sephora in Mr. Positivity, and then topped it off with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I did find the brush kind of hard to use. I'm so used to wide brushes so that I can paint several times on each nail. With this brush, I had to re-dip many times for each nail. Even though I had to re-dip several times, I didn't find it hard to paint the nails. I only had difficulties around the cuticles. With that said, I'm not too sure about the brushes in the full size. I've only used the mini sizes. Secondly, the glitters are all over the bottle and it doesn't settle to the bottom. That's a good thing because I don't have to search for the glitters. It does on easily, it doesn't streak, and there's no bubbles. Lastly, the polish only lasted four days before it started chipping. It was big chunks at the tip of the nails. With that said, this is very glittery and gorgeous. It's a beautiful greenish-turquoise color.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Formula X For Sephora reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

Elena Dal Maso said...

Wonderful products!
The nail polish is really fab on your hand...

xoxo
www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! It is pretty. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...