I am fortunate to work with Markwins International for Makeup by One Direction. I already reviewed Up All Night from The Looks collection and Electroglam Mascara, Liquilights Glow Gloss, and Rock Me Nail Varnish. This past weekend I saw all the collection at my Macy's. I highly recommend checking our your Macy's for the collection. For this post, I will talk about the member tins.
I received three tins, 1 Niall and 2 Louis. I decided to use Niall.
Where to purchase: Sears, Kmart, Target, and Walmart Canada
Made in China
Description from the package: Created for - and inspired by - fans of the world's biggest band, this limited-edition beauty collection is fun, bold and a tad mischievous, just like ONE DIRECTION.
Nobody Compares - metallic silver
Tell Me A Lie - metallic nude pink
Same Mistakes - metallic mint
I Would - smokey brown shimmer
Summer Love - smokey purple haze
Everything About You - smokey black shimmer
I want - true matte black
Loved You First -bubble gum pink
One Thing - frosted pink ice
Irresistable - shimmered pearl
Heart Attack - creamy rose shin
Lip Gloss Top Coat:
Over Again - silver glitter sparkle
Stoke My Heart - magenta pink shimmer
Alive - multi-coloured glitter flakes
Thoughts: I was extremely excited when I received these tins! They look fun and I know I'll get good use out of it.
Now for the swatches of the eyeshadows...
Now for the looks I did with the tin...
Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I'm loving the tin. Compared to Up All Night, it's smaller in size. In my opinion, this is a more travel-friendlier tin. I also like that you can choose whichever member you like from One Direction. It doesn't matter about the products. They're all the same inside. I also love that it comes with a variety of products; eyeshadows, lipgloss, eye pencil, nail polishes, and so on. If you're not much an eyeshadow person, you can use other products like the lipglosses and vice versa. Secondly, the tin is targeted to all individuals who enjoy makeup. The only thing I would change is that I wish there was some kind of compartment for the open lipglosses. When I see loose powder from the eyeshadows fall into the open lipglosses, I just don't want to use it. This might just be me though. Third when you open the tin, there's a slight vanilla scent. It comes from the lipglosses. I'm not a vanilla person but I actually don't find this bad. Lastly, I think this is a great for all ages. It's probably targeted towards teenagers to early 20's, but I can see anyone using it even children who likes to play dress up. It's just a universal tin!
* Strong, sturdy tin.
* One Direction collection.
* Comes with a variety of products; eyeshadows, lipgloss, and nail polishes.
* Great for all ages.
* Universal tin.
* If you want all the members, you need to collect all the tins.
Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating: 4/5 Tobey's Paws
Other Makeup by One Direction products reviewed/swatched:
The Looks Collection
Giveaway Dates: February 11, 2015 at 12 a.m. PST to March 3, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PST (Pacific time)
How to enter:
1. You must be a public follower of my blog with Google username (I will check). PLEASE do not just follow for the giveaway and then once the giveaway is over, stop following. It's just not polite!!!
2. This is open to everyone including international.
3. You must be 18 years or older. If you're younger than 18, please get your parent's permission.
4. The winner will be drawn with a random number generator. You have 48 hours to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or else a new winner will be chosen.
1. Follow my blog on Google+ page. (+1)
2. Follow my blog on Bloglovin' page. (+1)
3. Follow my blog Facebook page. (+1)
4. Follow Makeup by One Direction Facebook page. (+1)
5. Follow my blog Twitter page. (+1)
6. Re-tweeting the giveaway daily. (+1)
7. Follow my blog Instagram. (+1)
8. Posting the giveaway on your blog. (+1)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.