Monday, February 9, 2015

Manicure Monday: Face Stockholm in Indian Summer (JCrew)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

My friend gifted me a bunch of nail polishes some time ago.

I took this from my Instagram. I already reviewed Deborah Lippman in Do The Mermaid (sparkling purple polish), Orly Calcium Shield Basecoat, and had to throw one of the Face Stockholm nail polishes (it got harden from broken bottle). For this post, I will concentrate on the other Face Stockholm polish.
Product Review: Face Stockholm in Indian Summer for Jcrew

Where to purchase: online at facestockholm.com
Price: $12 for 0.5 fl oz/ 12.2 g

Made in USA

Description from the website: A full spectrum of sheer iridescence, deep color and glitter to take you from classic to cutting edge with just a few brush strokes.
Thoughts: Before I talk about this polish, I believe my friend bought it from JCrew. I looked on their website but couldn't find anything. You can try their store but I can't guarantee anything. With that said, I had mixed feelings about this polish. I was curious about the brand but I'm not the biggest fan of brown polishes. That might be another reason why it took so long to try this polish other than I have way too many. That's another story. :X
Here's a closer look at the polish and it's very true to color!
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI brushes (my perfect medium). Face Stockholm is thinner in width but the same length.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Orly Calcium Shield Basecoat, 2 coats of Face Stockholm in Indian Summer, and topped it off with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is too thin for my taste but it wasn't hard to paint the nails. I had to re-dip multiple times to paint one nail. This would be great for someone who likes to paint their nails carefully. I'm just inpatient and want to paint as quickly as possible. Secondly, the consistency is medium. It's not to thick that it's hard to paint, and not too thin that it's watery. It also goes on smoothly, and there's no streaking and bubbles. Lastly, I was pretty impressed with the longevity. It lasted a good 5 days before I noticed slight chipping at the tip of my nails, as well as, shrinkage. I'm impressed with the brand. I'm still not too sure about the color. There are times I think it's alright and there are times I'm not too keen.

Pros:
* Comes in a variety of colors.
* Medium consistency; not too thick and not too watery.
* Goes on smoothly.
* No streaking and bubbles.
* Lasted 5 days before any chipping and shrinkage.

Cons:
* Could be hard to find in stores.
* Width of the brush is thin.

Would repurchase: Yes, for the brand.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...