Monday, December 6, 2021

Manicure Monday: Revlon in Birthday Suit

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last month, November 2021, I saw the new nail polishes from Revlon at my nearest CVS. It kept drawing me in.
Here's my purchase. For this post, I will review the polish on the left.
I purchase two of the new nail polish from Revlon. For this post, I will review the one on the left.
Product Review: Revlon Ultra HD Snap! in Birthday Suit

Where to purchase: drugstore and online at revlon.com
Price: $7.49 for 0.27 fl oz/ 8 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: Finally there's a 1-coat full coverage nail color that's quick drying, easy to apply, and isn't made with all those controversial ingredients. Paint on the 100% vegan, 20-Free nail enamel and get a vibrant manicure and pedicure that's dry in a snap!
Thoughts: When I saw this at CVS, the packaging and the colors stood out. The range of colors were colorful and eye catching. I decided to try at least one.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the brush is a lot wider and a lot shorter. I would say the width is on the wide side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, one coats of Revlon in Birthday Suit, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. To be honest, the brush is pretty wide. You can even do two strokes per nail. I also love the curve tip. It makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, the packaging is nice. I love how the top matches the color of the nail polish. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the thick side. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while painting. It's a good consistency but slightly thick for my own personal taste. I felt like I had to work fast but you didn't have to. It was all mental. You could take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. I also noticed since it's on the thick side, one coat was good enough for each nail. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is muted mauve. It's a great fall and winter color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. One coat is good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw chipping on the tips on the second day. It's not one of those small chips. It's slightly big. The chips do get slightly bigger within days. I also saw slight shrinkage on the third day. I have mixed feelings about this polish. I was not too keen how quickly it chipped, as well as, the color did not look good on my skin. The color will look good on most skin colors. Since I have slight redness in my hands, the color brought it out more. If you have redness in your skin, I say pass. If not, I think the color will be fine. I read on the website that you don't need a base and top coat. You just need to paint one coat and that's it. I have weak nails. If I don't apply nail strengthener, it will crack. For this reason, I am used to applying nail strengthener and base/top coats. I don't know if this makes a difference and that's why it chipped quicker.

Pros:
* Wide brush; can do two to three strokes per nail.
* Curve tip; makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides.
* Nice packaging; top matches the nail polish color.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy consistency.
* Can take your time with painting.
* One coat is good enough.
* Easy to use.
* Goes on smoothly.
* No streaking and bubbles.
* Great fall and winter color.
* Pigmented.
* Slight shrinkage on the third day.

Cons:
* Slightly too thick for me.
* Chipped on the second day.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Revlon products reviewed/swatch:
ColorBurst Matte Balm
ColorStay Moisture Stain
ColorStay Satin Ink
ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick
Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
Honey
PhotoReady Primer + Shadow
Graffiti
Metropolitan
Super Lustrous Lip Gloss
Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor
Ultra HD Lipstick
Rose
Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor
HD Forever
HD Seduction

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...