Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Ilia Blue Light Filter Mist

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive a facial mist from Ilia.
Product Review: Ilia Blue Light Filter Mist

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at iliabeauty.com
Price: $38 for 1.69 fl oz/50 mL

Made in Italy

Description from the package: A multi-benefit mist that delivers hydration, balances surface oil, and helps protect skin from blue light. Apply under makeup to prep skin or spritz over makeup as a finishing spray. Infused with active levels of Marine Actives, this finely atomized mist forms an invisible veil on the skin that shields skin from blue light. Skin is visibly refreshed and hydrated.
Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Pentylene Glycol, Propanediol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Maris Aqua/Sea Water/Eau de Mer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Gluconate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Algin, Phenethyl Alcohol, Pistacia Lentiscus (Mastic) Gum, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sucrose, Maltodextrin, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Glycerin, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Levulinate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Caesalpinia Spinosa Fruit Pod Extract, Sodium Anisate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Sprout Extract, Linalool.
Thoughts: I'm a huge fan of facial mist, at the same time, I was intrigued to know this mist protects your skin from blue light. Given the opportunity, I knew I had to try this product. Not only that, I have been curious about this brand.
Here's a closer look at the pump.
Here's a swatch of the mist on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It's so light you cannot distinguish the smell. I just sniffed the product and it has a slight floral smell to it. It's not my favorite scent but it isn't bad. It is doable and after several usage, you don't even notice the scent anymore. Secondly, the packaging is amazing. You can see they spent some money on the packaging. It looks professional and I love that it's see through. I love seeing products go down. I feel productive knowing that I own so many products. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, it makes a clicking noise when I open and close the top. Since it's on the thicker side, it takes some effort to remove the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. You also have full control of the quantity you pump. Third, the consistency is liquidity and medium. It's not too thick that it doesn't get absorbed into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs on the skin. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing my face, I spray my skin right before my skincare routine. It's refreshing, cooling, and feels great on the skin. It's cooling in the sense it feels cold on the skin. It's not the tingling sensation which I hate. It's not sticky, not greasy, and easily absorbs into the skin. Since I have dry skin, it's hydrating. The hydration helps me apply less skin care products. In the long run, you save money on other products. With a combination of products including the facial mist, I've seen my skin improve. My skin looks dewier than usual which I prefer since I have dry skin. It also makes me look younger than older. Lastly, I noticed I only spray twice a day. Once in the morning and the other at night. I noticed with the combination of skin care products, it lasts me all day without reapplying. I'm glad I got this product. It's supposed to protect your skin from the blue light of the computer. Since I work in front of the computer all day at work and at home, it makes me feel good to know I am doing something healthy for my skin. I wish there was a testing strip to see if it really actually works. Even though there's no proof, I feel like it does.

Pros:
* Slight, doable scent.
* Can see they spent money on the packaging.
* Looks professional and can see through it.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you open and close the top.
* Travel-friendly.
* Full control of the quantity you pump.
* Liquidity and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Refreshing.
* Cooling.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Easily absorbs into the skin.
* Hydrating.
* Use less other skin care products.
* Skin looks dewier.
* Skin looks youthful.
* Lasts all day.
* Protects the skin from blue light of the computer.
* Vegan.
* Gluten-free.
* Silicone-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Not my favorite scent.
* Takes some effort to remove the top since it's so thick.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...