Monday, September 1, 2014

Manicure Monday: Sinful Colors in Lets Meet

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is a given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I hope you have a great, restful one!!! :)


In June (2014), I picked out Sinful Colors from PINCHme. If you don't know about PINCHme,

"PINCHme is a revolutionary platform that is transforming the way leading brands interact with their consumers.

In the modern day, with the evolution of technology and the growth of digital marketing, brands are required to move away from traditional methods of marketing and are fast adapting to the digital age. IN this digital world, everything is accountable, transparent and reportable - just the way you want it!

PINCHme provides you, the brand, with valuable insights, including consumer demographic information, feedback on your products and 'trier to buyer' purchase conversion rates. Through this information, you learn about your consumer - who they are, what they think about your products and if you sampling efforts have led to an increase in sales."

I took this from the website. They said it better than I ever could!
Product Review: Sinful Colors in #928 Lets Meet

Where to purchase: Walgreens and online at sinfulcolors.com
Price: $1.99 for 0.5 fl oz/ 15 mL

Made in USA

Thoughts: When you order the samples/products from PINCHme, you get to choose what you want in your monthly box. By the way, it's free as long as you do surveys in return. For the month of June, they had 3 or 4 color choices. I choose yellow because I've been looking for a color that doesn't blend with my hand. Yellow is a tough color for me to wear. Most look like I'm not even wearing nail polish.
Here's a closer picture of the color and it's very true!
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the brush is thinner. I wouldn't say it's completely thin but in-between thin to medium width.
I applied Orly Calcium Shield Basecoat, 2 coats of Sinful Colors in Lets Meet, and then topped it off with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I usually find thinner width brushes hard to use but I didn't with this one. What I did find strange is that the brush had an angular bottom. I own other Sinful Colors and they don't have the angular bottom. I'm not too sure if only this color has it or mine was a defect. I did find it hard to paint with the angular bottom but thankfully since it was yellow, the errors weren't noticeable. Secondly, the consistency is in-between thin to medium. To be honest when I first saw this nail polish, I thought it would go on sheer because of the consistency. It didn't go on sheer at all. There was a lot of color with each coat. It also went on smoothly, and there was no streaking and bubbles. Third and even though I like the color, it'll look better on darker skin individuals. It just blended with my skin tone and even my co-worker said that. Lastly and I find this the most amazing, it lasted 6 days before it started chipping! It's a lot better than a lot of expensive brands.

Pros:
* The price is cheap.
* Light to medium consistency.
* Easy to apply.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Lasted 6 days before chipping.

Cons:
* Angular bottom.
* Looks better on darker skin individuals.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is a given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

10 comments:

Marianna De Luca said...

Love it! :D

Marianna,

THE ADVENTURES OF A
SHOPAHOLIC


THE
ADVENTURES OF A SHOPAHOLIC ON FACEBOOK

Beatriz Garcia said...

I love this color! So bright and full of fun in the sun.

Kim A. said...

What a gorgeous shade of yellow! It's different!

Charu Sharma said...

I must say your style of writing is very impressive! You have a fantastic blog and all the pictures are wonderful! Loved everything!


Would you like to follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blogs and let me know in comments where you follow and I will follow back from both my blog!


Love
Charu
http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

Ahleessa said...

Yeah, it's definitely different in a good way. :)

Ahleessa said...

I think it'll look great on you since you're darker than I am. :)

Ahleessa said...

Thank you!

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! :)

Beatriz Garcia said...

Then it shall be done!

Ahleessa said...

Does that mean you will get this?... hehe~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...