Friday, September 18, 2020

Glow Recipe Banana Souffle Moisture Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In April 2020, I purchase some products from Sephora.

Here are the products I got. For this post, I will review one of the products that came from the kit from Glow Recipe on the top right.
Here are the products from the kit. For this post, I will review the cream in the middle.
Product Review: Glow Recipe Banana Souffle Moisture Cream

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at glowrecipe.com
Price: $39 for 50 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: A soothing, lightweight moisturizer that hydrates and calms redness for all skin types, including acne-prone and oily skin. It replenishes skin without clogging pores, and works great as a primer to grip makeup.
Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Coconut Alkanes, Squalane, Propanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Water, Magnesium PCA, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Extract, Bisabolol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Salvia Miltiorrhiza Root Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Flower/Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Diheptyl Succinate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma*. *Natural Fragrance
Thoughts: I've been wanting to try this brand for some time. Actually, I bought something else before this product. I just never really got into using it. I knew I would use these products a lot more since it has a mist and a moisturizer.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It does smell like banana but it's not overwhelming. I just sniffed the product and it's a lot stronger from the container. It really does smell like banana. If you are not a fan, you might want to pass. I love the smell. I'm a huge fan of banana. Secondly, I like the packaging. I don't own the full-size so I cannot talk much about that. I do own the mini-size which is the one that came in the kit. From what I can see from the website, it looks like a smaller version of the full-size but I could be wrong. It's cute and simple. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. The kit comes with a small spatula but I did not use that. It's more sanitary-safe to use it but I'm too lazy. I rather dig my clean fingers than clean the spatula afterwards. Third, the consistency is definitely a souffle. There's a bounce to the cream. I would say it's in-between thin to medium. The website says it's good for all skin types but I think it would be great for normal to oily skin. Since the weather isn't dry, my skin is taking it well. During the dry winter weather, I have a feeling it would dry out my skin. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing and serum, I dig a tiny amount of cream and apply spots all over the face. With my hands, I would spread it all over the face and pat until it gets absorbed into the skin. It's really quick absorbing. I would say about a minute or two. Once it's absorbed, it leaves a nice smooth texture. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, and extremely comfortable. The skin feels hydrated that you don't need to apply again throughout the day. With hydration, it helps improve fine and thick lines. My lines have not diminished but you need to be consistent with any skin care products. Lastly, I only used it as a daytime moisturizer. You can use it both for daytime and nighttime. I wanted a stronger moisturizer during night so my skin can work it's magic while sleeping. I'm glad I got this product. It will be great for people in their 20's to 30's who only want hydration. I enjoyed it. I love the smell and the quality of the product. I just think it will not work for me during the dry winter season since I have dry skin. For the summer and present, it works well!

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Smells like banana.
* Cute and simple packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Comes with a spatula; sanitary-safe.
* Souffle consistency.
* In-between thin to medium consistency.
* Great for normal to oily skin.
* Easy to use.
* Quick absorbing.
* Leaves a nice smooth texture.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Comfortable.
* Hydrating.
* Great for people in their 20's to 30's.

Cons:
* Might dry out dry skin during the dry, winter weather.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...