Friday, July 21, 2023

Makeup By Mario Ethereal Eyes Eyeshadow Palette

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In December 2022, I made a purchase from Sephora.
Here's my haul. I already reviewed Makeup By Mario Lip Lift Kit in Mauve Nude (middle). For this post, I will review the eyeshadow palette on the left from Makeup By Mario.
I bought two products from Makeup By Mario. I already reviewed Makeup By Mario Lip Lift Kit in Mauve Nude (right).  For this post, I will review the eyeshadow palette on the left.
Product Review: Makeup By Mario Ethereal Eyes Eyeshadow Palette

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at makeupbymario.com
Price: $68

Made in USA

Description from the website: Mario's dream palette in his 12 new signature shades create effortless ethereal eye looks. Featuring three unique finishes-sueded mattes, modern metallics, and a glossy shimmer, this anniversary-edition palette is Mario's artistic vision come to life. Sueded mattes offer enhanced grip for rich color, modern metallics feature micronized pigments for a seamless application, and glossy shimmers are infused with pearls coated with emollient binders to impact a reflective, wet-like shine on lids.
Ingredients:
EE1: Mica, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Silica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Cellulose, Polyethylene, [May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]. EE2, EE4: Dimethicone, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Diisostearyl Malate, Silica, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Isododecane, [May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]. EE3, EE7: Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Silica, Mica, Cellulose, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, [May Contain (+/-): Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]. EE5, EE10: Talc, Mica, Boron Nitride, Silica, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, [May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140]. EE6: Dimethicone, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Magnesium Myristate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Isododecane, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Talc, [May Contain (+/-): Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]. EE8: Boron Nitride, Mica, Talc, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Cellulose, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, Diisostearyl Malate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, [May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]. EE9: Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Zinc Stearate, Tin Oxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Silica, Talc, [May Contain (+/-):Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]. EE11: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Boron Nitride, Silica, [May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)]. EE12: Talc, Mica, Boron Nitride, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Cellulose, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, [May Contain (+/-): Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].
Thoughts: When I first saw this palette in person, I didn't think much of it. After seeing tons of reviews on YouTube, I wanted it.
Here's a closer look inside. It comes with a full-size mirror and 12 eyeshadows.
Here's a closer look at the 12 eyeshadows. From top to bottom, left to right; EE1, EE2, EE3, EE4, EE6, EE7, EE8, EE9, EE10, EE11, and EE12.
Here's a closer look at one of the eyeshadows; EE11.
Here's a swatch of the top row from left to right; EE1, EE2, EE3, and EE4.
Here's a swatch of the second row from left to right; EE5, EE6, EE7, and EE8.
Here's a swatch of the last row from left to right; EE9, EE10, EE11, and EE12.

Now for my looks...
#1:
I applied EE7 on the crease and outer v. Then I applied EE2 on the lids.
Here's the same look at another angle.
Here's an overall look with MAC Powder Kiss Velvet Blur Slim Stick in Over The Taupe.

#2:
I applied EE3 on the crease and outer v. Then I applied EE10 on the lids.
Here's the same look at another angle.
Here's an overall look with Vivid Belleza Nude Actitud Matte Liquid Lipstick in Mocha Mami.

#3:
I applied EE5 on the crease and outer v. Then I applied EE11 on the lids. I slightly darked the outer v with EE9.
Here's the same look at another angle.
Here's an overall look with Makeup By Mario Lip Lift Kit in Mauve Nude.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and very clean looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. I also noticed there are no fingerprints on the outside of the packaging. Also, the closure is very sturdy. I can feel a magnetic closure when I open and close the top, as well as, it makes a clicking noise. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. It comes with a full-size mirror that you can actually use. It's not one of those tiny ones. If you are looking for a brush, you need to use your own. You can also use your fingers if you like. I did with the shimmers. Third, the consistency is creamy and that includes the shimmers as well. It feels like butter in-between my fingers. The consistency is also on the medium. It's not too hard to apply onto the lids. It's also not too thin that you cannot see it on the lids. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with using. It's also compacted. I hardly saw any loose pigments in the palette. With that said, it's easy to use. I used brushes and my finger to apply the shadows. I used brushes for the mattes and metallics. I used my fingers for the shimmery colors. It applies better with the finger than the brush. For some reason, the brushes do not pick up the shimmery pigment that well. For this reason, I only apply shimmer as the last step on the lids and inner corners. I love how the colors work well together and you can see the transition of the colors. It's a smooth transition and looks lovely on the eyes. Fourth, I like this palette because it's on the neutral side. You can wear it all year round and it's great for work. You can also darken it for the night out. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I do not have to build and build to get color. It applies easily on the eyes. Lastly, it lasted all day on me. I do have dry skin and most products last all day on me. It looked like how I first applied the shadows. I am glad I got this product. To be honest, I was not blown away when I first saw it in person. After applying it on the eyes, I love it! It's so shimmery and just gorgeous on the eyes. Unfortunately, it's limited edition. I have a feeling it will come back because it's so popular.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Simple and clean looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* No fingerprints on the outside of the packaging.
* Sturdy magnetic closure; can feel a tight seal and clicking nose when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Comes with full-size mirror.
* Creamy consistency that feels like butter.
* Medium consistency.
* Compacted.
* No loose pigments inside the palette.
* Easy to use.
* Smooth transition of colors.
* Neutral palette. Great all year round and for work.
* Can darken for the night out.
* Applies easily on the eyes.
* Pigmented.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* Limited edition.
* Costly.
* Does not come with a brush.
* Brushes did not pick up the shimmery colors that well.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Essie polishes reviewed/swatch:
Lip Lift Kit

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...