Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Clinique Moisture Surge 100H Auto-Replenishing Hydrator

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In May 2023, I made a purchase from ULTA.
Here's my haul. It's pretty much only Clinique. I already reviewed Clinique All About Eyes (top left). For this post, I will review the gel moisturizer on the top right.
I purchased this kit. For this post, I will review the moisturizer on the middle right.
Product Review: Clinique Moisture Surge 100H Auto-Replenishing Hydrator

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, and online at clinique.com
Price: $46 for 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: Refreshing oil-free, gel-based moisturizer penetrates deep, lasts 100 hours. Locks in moisture for an endlessly plump, dewy glow.
Ingredients:
Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trisiloxane, Trehalose, Sucrose, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady'S Thistle) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Caffeine, Sorbitol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-10, Sodium Polyaspartate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Polysaccharides, Lactobacillus Ferment Lysate, Saccharide Isomerate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Tromethamine, Peg-8, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Citric Acid, Bht, Disodium Edta, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 (Ci 14700), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140) <ILN48715>
Thoughts: I was not too sure about this product. Since I have dry skin, I tend to reach for thicker moisturizer. Being gel-like, it's not thick enough for my skin. It didn't hurt to try during this summer weather.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the moisturizer on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there is no scent whatsoever. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and clean looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of glass. The top is also sturdy.  I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is gel-like and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with applying. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, serum, and eye product; I use the moisturizer and set it with sunscreen. I spot all over the face with the right middle finger. Then I pat until it's absorbed into the skin. Yes, I only used this during the morning. I needed a thicker product for the night. It quickly absorbs into my skin or at least my dry skin. It's light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, leaves a nice smooth texture, it's comfortable, and hydrating. It's good for all skin types. It might be too light for my dry winter skin but for the summer, it's good. Lastly, it lasted all day on me. I did not need to reapply. I am glad I got this product. Would I repurchase, yes for hydration only. Other than hydration, I did not see any anti-aging effect. It's great for twenty year old but if you are older, it might not be the best. The description says plump, dewy glow. I did not see that on me.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent whatsoever.
* Simple and clean looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Gel-like consistency.
* Medium consistency.
* Can take your time with applying.
* Easy to use.
* Quickly absorbs into the skin.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Leaves a smooth texture.
* Comfortable.
* Hydrating.
* Good for all skin types.
* Great for twenty year old.
* Lasted all day without reapplying.

Cons:
* Too light for nights for dry skin.
* Too light for the dry, winter weather.
* Did not see any anti-aging effect.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Clinique products reviewed/swatch:
Chubby Colour & Shine

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...