Wednesday, July 5, 2023

alpyn beauty Wild Huckleberry 8-Acid Polishing Peel

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In September 2022, I purchase some products as well as received from my nearest Sephora.
Here are the products I got. For this post, I will review the deluxe sample peel I got from alpyn beauty in the middle.
Product Review: Clinique All About Eyes

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, and online at clinique.com
Price: $37 for 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: Award-winning double-exfoliating peel mask to visibly smooth and brighten skin while refining the look of pores in just 5-minutes. Available in 2 sizes. Key ingredients include...
*Jackson Hold Wild Huckleberries to visibly brighten and protect against free-radical damage.
* Natural 8-Acid Complex (AHA/BHA Blend) to actively exfoliate.
* Bamboo Powder and Berry Seeds deliver a delicate, skin-buffing, microdermabrasion-like effect.
Ingredients:

WaterGlycerinHydrated SilicaCetearyl AlcoholHydroxypropyl Starch PhospateGlyceryl Stearate SeHelianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed OilBentonite ClayXanthan GumSodium Stearoyl LactylateTitanium DioxideSodium PhytateAzelaic AcidFerulic AcidSodium HyaluronateAloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf JuiceCarrageenanGlucoseArnica Montana (Arnica) Flower ExtractSimmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed WaxBorago Officinalis (Borage) Flower ExtractCalendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower ExtractChamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower ExtractSalvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf ExtractEclipta Prostrata ExtractMelia Azadirachta Leaf ExtractMoringa Oleifera Seed OilPyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit ExtractLactobacillus/Pumpkin Ferment ExtractDehyroacetic Acid (Dha)Benzyl AlcoholMenthyl LactateLactobacillus/Capsicum Frutescens Fruit Ferment ExtractPotassium SorbateLactic AcidGlycolic AcidVaccinium Myrtillus Fruit ExtractSaccharum Officinarum (Sugarcane) ExtractCitric AcidCitrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit ExtractCitrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit ExtractAcer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) ExtractTartaric Acid (Dl-)Malic AcidDecyl GlucosideLauryl GlucosideVaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit ExtractCaprylic/Capric TriglycerideCitrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel ExtractVanilla Planifolia Fruit ExtractRosa Damascena ExtractRubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit ExtractMusa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit ExtractCitrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Leaf/Twig ExtractCinnamomum Camphora Linalooliferum Wood ExtractAlcoholVitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Cell ExtractIsomaltLecithinVaccinium Corymbosum (Blueberry) Seed PowderBambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Stem ExtractVaccinium Membranaceum (Huckleberry) ExtractWhite Willow Bark Extract

Thoughts: To be honest, I had no opinion about this product from the start. I have never even heard of this brand.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and it has a slight scent. I cannot distinguish the smell but it smells like every exfoliating product. It has that slight waxy smell. Secondly, I do not own the full-size. I received a deluxe sample. I will only talk about the deluxe sample I received. From the website, it looks like a smaller version of the full-size. I am basing off what I saw. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even in your pocket with this deluxe sample. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time massaging into your skin. With that said, it's easy to use. After removing my makeup, I would apply this onto my dry skin before cleansing. I am going to be honest. I did this wrong when I first started. I would apply onto wet skin and massage the product. Then rinse it off. I found out from the website you apply a thin layer onto the dry skin. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then wet your hands. With your wet hands, massage it and then rinse it off. While applying a thin layer on the skin, I would notice the mask will fade and looks clear on the skin. Since it fades, I want to apply it more which is all mental. For this reason, I would only concentrate in one area before moving onto the next so I wouldn't apply so much. I would start with one cheek then move onto the next cheek. Then I would do the nose and end with the forehead. Once 5 minutes pass, I would wet the hands and massage onto the skin. This is when I can feel the exfoliates from the mask. It's small granules and not rough on the skin. Then I would rinse the face. My skin looks clean but that's the only thing I noticed. I don't feel like the pores has changed. Since I did it both ways waiting 5 minutes and not waiting 5 minutes, I did not notice any differences. Lastly, my skin looked the same the next morning. I am glad I got this product. I like trying new things, as well as, being introduced to new brands. I, personally, did not notice anything on me. From the website, there's a lot of good reviews. It just wasn't meant for me.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while using.
* Well-made and sturdy.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy consistency and on the medium.
* Can take your time massaging into your skin.
* Easy to use.
* Small granules.
* Not rough on the skin.
* Skin looks and feels clean.

Cons:
* The mask would fade and become clear.
* Need to wait 5 minutes before rinsing it off.
* No notice on the pores.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...