Monday, March 29, 2021

Manicure Monday: Zoya in Maya

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of Zoya in Maya that I reviewed in August 2014.
This is Zoya in Maya. Since I did a thorough review of Zoya in Aurora, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "a semi-opaque bright pink coral with tangerine undertones" and I have to agree with it.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI brush, the width is a lot thinner and the length is a lot shorter. I would say the width is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Zoya in Maya, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. It's not my type of brush but it was doable. I think it had to do with the consistency. It spread easily when applied onto the nails. It made it easy to apply three coats and move onto the next nail. It was also easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Again, I think it had to do with the consistency. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and small. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is liquidity and on the thin side. It's not thick that it is hard to work with. It is also not that thin that it is watery. It's an alright consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is pretty. It's an orange-y, peachy, pink. It's a great spring and summer color. Pigmentation-wise it definitely not up there. It's okay. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone but I could have gone for more. Lastly, I saw chipping on the tips on the second day. As days went on, I saw shrinkage and a lot more chipping. It's the thinness of the polish. It also was noticeable or at least with my naked eyes. The top coat helped as much as possible. It probably would have chipped earlier without the top coat. I'm glad I got this polish. The color is pretty but just know it doesn't last long on the nails.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:
Accessories
Remove+ Nail Polish Remover

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...