Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Adovia Dead Sea Salt Scrub

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive a scrub from Adovia from Amazon in May 2015.
Product Review: Adovia Dead Sea Salt Scrub

Where to purchase: online at amazon.com
Price: for 300 g/ 11 oz

Made in Israel

Description from the package: Adovia's exfoliating Sea Scrub gently buffs away dead skin cells and infuses your skin with much needed Minerals from Dead Sea salt and nutrients from plant oils. Natural oils provide a surprisingly long lasting relief from dry skin with deep moisture and hydration. Leaves skin smooth, moisturized and freshly rejuvenated.
Thoughts: The reason why it took so long to use this product is that I lost interest in body scrubs. I just felt it was messy and took too much work to clean in the shower. I was lazy and still am. Now that I am getting older, I feel like I need scrubs to exfoliate my skin. For this reason, I am trying to use the ones I have before purchasing more.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a swatch of the scrub on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a strong scent while using. It's very fragrance-y. I just sniffed the product and it's smells like how its used. Even though it's strong, it's doable. It only lasts for couple of minutes. Secondly, the packaging is simple and clean. I like that I am able to see through and see the separation of the scrub from the oil. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your bag but I recommend putting it in a plastic bag. The oil from the scrub will leak over while using and grease the packaging. You do not want to stain whatever the packaging touches. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency of the scrub is medium. It's not thick that it's hard to dissolve while massaging. It's also not too thin that it dissolves as soon as you touch your skin. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I just dig my hand into the tub and grab some scrub. Then I massage the skin until it dissolves. It quickly dissolves within several minutes. To be honest, I don't remember if there were this amount of oil back when I received it or it became oily with time. There is a lot of oil but it isn't hard to use. It also doesn't get in the way of massaging. Once it's dissolved, the skin feels smooth and silky. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy on the skin, and comfortable. You can tell it leaves leftover oil because the skin feels hydrated. Even though there are positives, there are negatives as well. It is kind of messy in the sense, you can feel grease on the shower floor. You need to be careful how you step in the shower or else you can fall. I definitely do not recommend for older people or people who are clumsy. Another thing since you are using sea salt, the hands get painful/burns as you keep putting your hands inside the tub. If you use this product, a glove might be a good suggestion. Since I'm lazy, I just use my hands. Lastly, it keeps the skin soft and hydrated in-between showers. I'm glad I got to try this product. It's actually a good scrub, but it's so messy and painful on the hands.

Pros:
* Simple and clean packaging.
* See through; can see the separation of the scrub from the oil.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Quickly dissolves.
* Skin feels smooth.
* Skin feels silky.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy on the skin.
* Comfortable.
* Hydrating.

Cons:
* Strong scent while using.
* Outside of the packaging is greasy from the oil.
* A lot of oil.
* Leaves grease on the floor.
* Messy.
* Hands start burning from the sea salt.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Adovia products I reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...