Monday, September 7, 2020

Manicure Monday: Zoya in Maya

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of Zoya in Maya that I reviewed in August 2014.

Here's a closer look at the packaging. It is still sold on the Zoya website.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI brush, the width is a lot thinner and the length is a lot shorter. I would say the width is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Zoya in Maya, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. It's not my type of brush but it was doable. I just didn't wipe the brush in the inside of the bottle. That made it easy to spread on the nails. Plus, the consistency kind of helped. I will go into that later. Since it spread so easily, it was easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. I have never disliked any nail polish packaging. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is liquidity and creamy. It's not completely creamy but there's a liquidity feel to it. I hope that made sense. I would say it's in-between thin to medium consistency. Because of the consistency, it made it spread easily on the nails. Once it touches the nails, you can see it spread. It spread nicely to a point it didn't spread beyond to the skin. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no bubbles and streaking. Fourth, it's a pretty peachy orange color. It's great for spring and summer season. Pigmentation-wise it's alright. It's definitely not the most pigment. Two layers were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw shrinkage on the second day. Other than that, I did not see chipping whatsoever. I'm glad I got to try this product. I love the color. Do I think it's unique? No. You can definitely find a similar color from other brands. I just love that after six days, it looks pretty decent on the nails.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:
Accessories
Remove+ Nail Polish Remover

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...