Friday, September 4, 2020

The Creme Shop Glow Up, Skin! Animated Unicorn Face Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I cannot recall which month I purchased these masks. It's either May or June of 2020. I saw these at my local T.J. MAXX.
Here are the masks I purchased. For this post, I will review the mask from The Creme Shop on the left.

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at thecremeshop.com
Price: $10 for 2.65 oz/ 75 g (3 pack)

Made in Korea

Description from the package: Who says mythical creatures don't exist? Infused with rainbow pearl essence (the next best thing to unicorn tears), this face mask restores dullness to reveal skin that quite literally gleams and sparkles.
Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cabomer, Xanthan Gum, 1,2-Hexanediol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Peal Powder, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Allantoin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide Titanium Dioxide, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Propanediol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance
Thoughts: Out of the animal masks they had, I was most drawn to this. Who doesn't want to look like an unicorn!
Here's a closer look at the packaging. It comes in threes.
Here's a closer look at the sheet mask.
Here's how the mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a strong scent while using. All I remember is that it smelled like perfume. Thankfully, it only lasts for several minutes and then you get used to the scent. I just sniffed the product and it has a floral scent. It smelled nothing like how it smelled while using. Secondly, I love the packaging. It's adorable and attention grabbing. To be honest, that's what drew me to this mask. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. The box is matte and made out of cardboard paper. The individual mask is shiny and made out of foil-like. The pictures are the same for both the box and individual sheet. I cannot see it open or break for the individual sheet unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. The dimension of the mask is alright. The length and width fit my face perfectly. If you have longer or wider face than I do, it might be too small. Only thing is the corners of the mask did not cover the corners of the forehead. I rather cover everything than not. The cut of the eyes, nose, and mouth was good. It fit me perfectly. I just wished the tip of the nose wasn't straight horizontal. I like tips since we have tips on our nose. The thickness of the sheet is medium. You can unfold without worrying that it will rip. The best part of the mask is the colors and picture on the mask itself. It feels like you are wearing an unicorn on your face. Third, there wasn't much leftover essence in the package. I even put my hand inside and I barely grabbed anything. With that said, there was enough essence on the sheet mask to a point it was dripping. This was the first time I actually had to lay down while masking. It kept dripping from the bottom of the mask to my chin down to my neck. In some ways, this is a good thing. I usually do things while masking. This made me relax and enjoy masking. It's easy to use. After cleansing, I applied the mask. The direction said to mask for 15 to 20 minutes, but I masked for 30. I'm used to this time. After removing the mask, my skin glowed. It had a brightening effect. Skin looks smooth and hydrated. With hydration, you have less noticeable fine and thick lines. Lastly, the next morning the skin still looked decent. The thicker lines started to show slightly but not much. That's with a lot of masks from my experience. For this reason, you need to mask once or twice a week. I'm glad I got try this product. It's not the best mask I have ever tried but it's pretty decent. I think it will be great for 20's to early 30's.

Pros:
* Adorable and attention grabbing packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging for both the box and individual sheets.
* Travel-friendly.
* Dimension of the length and width is good.
* Cut of eyes, nose, and mouth was decent.
* Thickness is medium; can unfold without fear of ripping.
* Fun mask; feels like you are an unicorn.
* You really relax with this mask.
* Easy to use.
* Skin glowed.
* Brightening effect.
* Skin looks smooth.
* Hydrating.
* Less noticeable fine and thick lines.

Cons:
* Strong scent while using.
* Does not cover the corners of the forehead.
* Wished the tip of the nose wasn't cut horizontal.
* No leftover essence in the package.
* Essence drip from the mask.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Creme Shop products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...