Friday, September 11, 2020

Radical Skincare Age-Defying Exfoliating Pads

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive some products from Radical Skincare.

Here are the products. I already reviewed Radical Skincare Skin Perfecting Screen SPF 30 (right). For this post, I will review the exfoliating pads on the left.
Product Review: Radical Skincare Age-Defying Exfoliating Pads
Where to purchase: online at radicalskincare.com
Price: $20 for 34 g/ 1.2 oz (15 pads)

Made in USA

Description from the package: For all skin types. The protecting, repairing and soothing triple potency of the proprietary Trylacel technology in a remarkable multitasking pad: its AHA and BHA-multi fruit acid based formula is of maximum efficacy to remove dead cells and accelerate Radical Skincare products performance. Yet applying the pad is an anti-aging step by itself as it contains ingredients that have been shown to tighten and firm skin, reduce pore size and lines, while ideal preserving skin's hydration and nourishment.
Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Salicylic Acid, Centella Asiatica Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Allantoin, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Resveratrol, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Pca, Propylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Glycerin, Lecithin, Limonene, Linalool
Thoughts: I received this product in 2016. To be honest, the reason why it took so long to use it is because I thought this product will leave your skin sensitive to the sun. Now that I'm trying to use up the products I own before purchasing more, it's time to give it some love.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the exfoliating pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It's so light that I cannot distinguish the smell. Also, it's a possibility I got used to the smell that I don't notice it anymore. I just sniffed the product and it has a light, floral smell with chemical scent to it. I actually don't mind the smell and it's doable. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's clean and professional looking. It comes in a box and a plastic packaging. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. The box is made out of cardboard paper and the plastic is foil-like. The zip of the foil-like packaging is sturdy. You have the full control of closing and opening. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, each individual pads have slightly small bumps on both sides. The thickness of the pad isn't too thick that it's hard to massage into the skin. It's also not too thin that it rips while massaging. It's a good thickness. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, you use the pad circulating around the face and neck. I even use it behind my ears but that's out of habit. I do that with toners on cotton pads. I did notice after using the pads, the texture isn't the same. It's not as smooth as it was before using it. I don't think there's anything odd about that. The same thing happens when I use a cotton pad with toner. While using the exfoliating pads, I did notice a slight tingling sensation. It's not to a point it's painful. It's very minimal and it only lasts for a few minutes. Other than that, I did not notice any weird sensation and/or a change to my skin. There was no tightening, redness, and peeling. My skin looked smooth and brighter. It's light-weight, not greasy, and not sticky. It did leave a slight moisture that went away after couple of minutes. Lastly, my skin looked decent the next morning. It didn't diminish the fine and thick lines. I believe it improves with usage. Then again I only use it twice a week. I feel like it might be too strong to use in daily basis. To be honest, I am not too sure how often you are supposed to use this product. Now going back to my fear, it does not make your skin sensitive to the sun. I have not experienced that whatsoever. It also could be that this product was not used right away. It might have weaken the quality of the product but I did not open the package until recently. I'm glad I got to try this product. It's good and from the reviews on the website, it will be great for people who have acne and/or oily skin.

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Clean and professional looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Full control of the zip of the foil-like packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Good thickness pads with slightly small bumps on both sides.
* Easy to use.
* No tightening.
* No redness,
* No peeling.
* Skin looks smooth.
* Skin looks brighter.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Slight moisture.
* Skin does not be come sensitive.
* Great for acne skins.
* Great for normal to oily skin.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Slight tingling sensation.
* Did not diminish fine and thick lines.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Radical Skincare products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...