Monday, September 14, 2020

Manicure Monday: Born Pretty Peel Off Nail Polish in #3

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of Born Pretty Peel Off Nail Polish in #3 that I reviewed in January 2018.
Here's a closer look at the packaging. I could not find it on the Born Pretty website. It's either sold out or discontinued. I'm guessing it's discontinued.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI brush, the width is the same but the length is definitely a lot shorter. The big difference is that OPI brush spreads out when it reaches the tip. This particular brush is the same width from the handle to the tip.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Born Pretty in #3, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. I usually would like this type of width but for the consistency, it is wider than it should be or at least for me. I found it spreading to the cuticles and the sides. If you are a better painter, this shouldn't be bad for you. I'm just not that experienced and well at painting. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and clean. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between medium to thick. It's not extremely thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not thin that it runs. It's a decent consistency. It does got thicker with usage. I think that's another reason why I painted faster than usual. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is a bluish-grey color. It's a great fall and winter color, as well as, a great transition from summer to fall. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's pretty pigmented. Two layers were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw chipping on the sides of the tips on the fifth day. I did not see shrinkage whatsoever. I was pretty impressed. After the fifth day, the nail polish started lifting off the nails. My hair would get stuck in-between the nails to the nail polish. I did not know why until I decided to peel off the polish. That's when I realized it was a peel off polish. I forgot all about that. Then I became hooked removing the polish of the nails. It was fun seeing it come off. I'm glad I got this polish. It's pretty and fun!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polishes
Stamping Plates/Tools
Water Decals

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...