Friday, December 15, 2017

Nudestix Magnetic Matte Lip Color in Boho

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In October 2017, I purchased some products from ULTA.

Here's my haul. I already reviewed L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick in Nudist (center left). For this post, I will review the lip product from Nudestix on the top left.
Product Review: Nudestix Magnetic Matte Lip Color in Boho

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, and online at nudestix.com
Price: $24 for 2.8 g/ 0.10 oz

Made in Germany

Description from the website: Lasts like a Tattoo, lightweight pigments like a liquid lipstick, and easy to apply like a pencil. A multi-tasking 3-in-1 lip stain, lip color, and lip liner all-in one that is extra long wearing, extra kiss-proof, extra transfer-proof and extra pigmented for those looking for maximum lip performance and color intensity in must-have rich nude tones.
The Nudestix Magnetic Matte Lip Color is a non-drying matte, lipstick that applies smoothly and doesn't budge. With its innovative uber longwearing formula, this pencil is waterproof and non-feathering all day. It's intense pigment load and color provides maximum smooth coverage that can easily take any lip look from the hallway to the runway.
Ingredients:
ISODODECANE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, SYNTHETIC WAX, HYDROGENATED POLYDICYCLOPENTADIENE, HYDROGENATED POLY(C6-14 OLEFIN), HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, POLYBUTENE, SILICA, NYLON-12, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, POLYETHYLENE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 DIISOSTEARATE/POLYHYDROXYSTEARATE/SEBACATE, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL, HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX
[+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492), CARMINE (CI 75470), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, BLUE 1 LAKE, YELLOW 5 LAKE, MANGANESE VIOLET
Thoughts: I first saw this lip color and product on a salesperson at ULTA. It looked so good on her that I asked what she was wearing. From there, I couldn't stop thinking about the color.
Here's a closer look at the lip pencil.
Here's a closer look at the color.
It comes with a sharpener.
Here's a closer look at the sharpener.
Here's a swatch of the lip color on my hand.
Here's how the lip color looks on me.
Here's an overall look. I have doucce Holiday 2017 Set Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's nothing whatsoever. Secondly, the packaging is cute. It comes in a black tin with Nudestix written on top. The tin is very versatile. You can use it to travel with, store, and use it for other things like jewelry case. It is up to the individual. I'll most likely use it for storing other things. I'm not too sure yet. Not only that, it comes with a mirror in the inside of the lid. Also I like that it come with a sharpener. Since the pencil isn't retractable, the sharpener comes in handy. You can also use the sharpener for other chubby lip pencils. With that said, the lip pencil is well-made and sturdy. It's made out of wood and firm plastic. The top is also sturdy. It doesn't touch the pencil when I pull it off. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy. It glides on and doesn't tug on the lips. With that said, it's really easy to use. I just outline the lips and fill the bottom. Then I smack the lips together and fill in areas that need coloring. It's extremely light-weight. It doesn't even feel like I'm wearing anything. It feels like my natural lip. It's also not sticky and adhere's to the lips. It honestly feels like I'm wearing liquid lipsticks except it doesn't express the fine/thick lines. It leaves a nice, smooth, creamy texture. I just kissed my hand and I noticed slight kiss mark. It's mostly the outline of the lips, but like I said it's so slight it's hardly noticeable. I honestly would say it's close to being transfer-proof. I definitely recommend exfoliating before using this product. It will express all the dry patches. Fourth, the color is pretty and it's up my alley. I tend to go for a lot of warm tone nudes and this is a pretty one. It looks natural and it'll be a great fall/winter color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's not the most pigmented but it's pretty close. One layer is good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, it lasted even after eating a meal. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth after each meal. It didn't look the same as I applied it but it was pretty decent. With that said, it's comfortable and not drying. I read reviews on the website and a lot of people mention that it's drying. I personally don't think so and I have dry lips to start with. I just hydrate before I apply the lip product. That really does help or at least for me. I really liked this lip color and product a lot. I like it so much I want another one!

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Comes with a black tin with a mirror.
* Tin is versatile; you can use it for other things.
* Comes with a sharpener.
* Well-made and sturdy.
* Top is also sturdy.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy consistency.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to use.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Adhere's to the lips.
* Leaves a nice, smooth, creamy texture.
* Close to being transfer-proof.
* Gorgeous, warm tone nude color.
* Great for fall/winter season.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted most of the day.
* Gluten-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Not retractable.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...